Thread: Data logging pilot injection, something is wrong

Data logging pilot injection, something is wrong

I have been data logging my pilot injection and the numbers seem to be very different then I'm expecting. Even after considering correction tables, which I admit I dont quite understand how they apply. According to my log I'm about 38 degrees pilot at an idle

Banned
    Correction tables do NOT always apply, there are other threads where I give some explaination of the correction tables. Take your air density table being used for pilot timing and add 20* (mentioned in other threads) to the table and likely you will see it line up with what you are logging. Or, subtract 20 from what you log for pilot timing and you will likely see it line up with the air density table being used.

I read those posts, was just little nervous just adding or subtracting till I get to a number that matches my map. Because I do t know if that's accurate or not?

Banned
    It?s accurate.

Banned
    Take a pilot timing value from a point in your datalog and subtract 20 from it, there?s your pilot timing value

Any idea why it's off by 20?

Banned
    Because there is an offset parameter in there that?s set to 20*

I have been paying more attention to my data log pilot timing values versus maps. rarely does the 20 degree offset work? so either correction tables are always in play or the 20 isn't quite right?
    would you say that correction tables are in use more often then not?

this is a log from another thread I have going, I don't think any of the pilot numbers line up with my base table after considering the 20 degree offset? But I haven't had a chance to fully analyze the log yet

injectorrattle.hpl
    05 qclb nv5600
    stock

Banned
    Really can?t tell you just based off a log. A datalog is only a piece of the picture and is meaningless as a whole for the most part without showing a tune itself with it. But unless you modified your correction tables in such a way to always be in play, I guarantee you they are not. The pilot timing tables left alone, the only correction table I have ever observed coming into play is the engine coolant table ONLY during low engine coolant temperatures, other than that it runs off the air density selected table. If it is not ever running off an air density selected table under warmed up operating conditions, you have changed the tables around to where it is constantly running off one of the correction tables.

Each event, pilot, main, post has a set mode on how it operates, minimum wins, maximum wins, can?t remember the others at this moment, the others lock them to specific correction tables. If set to minimum wins, it evaluates the air density select table it should use and compares it to each correction table, whatever table provides the lowest value is what gets used and vise versa for when set to maximum wins. Without user defined parameters you cannot change that and you cannot change the offset which is there and even confirmed by multiple others using HP Tuners. If it?s not matching up to an air density select table then it will match up with one of the correction tables.

Banned
    If using UDC Pro the data log would tell you straight up if it?s running on a specific correction or not