Thread: Logging oil pressure in VCM Scanner?

Logging oil pressure in VCM Scanner?

This is probably a really dumb question, but I'm trying to log oil pressure on a 2012 GT, and the only PID I can find is "Oil Pressure Low [no/yes]"

So there's not an actual oil pressure sensor on this car? Just a low pressure switch? That's really weird.

Because there no oil pressure transducer - only a low pressure switch. You can retro-fit the transducer tho.

Noted. Though just retrofitting a sensor will not address the lack of an oil pressure PID. Is there any way to add and log oil pressure with VCM Scanner without additional hardware?

It will, once you make some changes in tune you re-poll for available pids.

Reeeealllly. Huh. I need to look into this...

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    It will, once you make some changes in tune you re-poll for available pids.
    I did a search, and couldn't find any good information on the part number for the oil pressure transducer. From what I understand, simply installing the oil pressure sensor from a Boss 302 will allow me to log oil pressure with the VCM scanner rather than just the yes/no oil pressure?

Oil Pressure Config

Mine is a 2016 but I think this part is the same, once you change it to transducer you should have a new PID to select.

transducer.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Coyote View Post
    Mine is a 2016 but I think this part is the same, once you change it to transducer you should have a new PID to select.

transducer.jpg
    That makes more sense. So you're saying all I need to do is order an oil pressure sensor from a 2016 Mustang GT, install it in my 2012 GT, change the oil pressure config to "transducer," and the repoll for new PIDs in VCM Scanner?

Not all 2016 came with a transducer, I believe only the Performance Pack models have Transducers as my California Special Premium uses a Oil Pressure Switch.