Thread: Map calibration, missing parameters in tune to add 3 Bar MAP?

Map calibration, missing parameters in tune to add 3 Bar MAP?

I'm working on an 16' F150 5.0 engine that was swapped into a 1970 F100 and has a supercharger strapped to it. Most tunes I look at have MAP and underneath it has Characteristics where you can adjust the MAP Slope and MAP Offset. The Tune from this truck does not but has TIP Characteristics with Slope and Offset adjustable there. Is this mislabeled or am I missing parameters I should have to be able to scale a 3 Bar MAP sensor?

Stock.hpt
    Last edited by mechanicboy; 07-01-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post
    I'm working on an 16' F150 5.0 engine that was swapped into a 1970 F100 and has a supercharger strapped to it. Most tunes I look at have MAP and underneath it has Characteristics where you can adjust the MAP Slope and MAP Offset. The Tune from this truck does not but has TIP Characteristics with Slope and Offset adjustable there. Is this mislabeled or am I missing parameters I should have to be able to adjust to add a 3 Bar MAP sensor?

Stock.hpt
    Not sure what you are looking for but MAP sensor SLOPE and OFFSET are present in your tune. TIP is disabled, ignore it won't work.
    MAP F150.jpg

What the heck. What version of VCM are you using? I'm using Beta Version 4.5.1346

MAP Missing.png

Well I figured it out.

I'm used to it auto updating when I'd go from Help > About and it would notify me of updates. It's been months since it updated and I assumed it was because of COVID. I manually downloaded the latest beta and it's all there.