Thread: cant idle 1986 s10 6.0 lq4 drive by cable

Tuner in Training

cant idle 1986 s10 6.0 lq4 drive by cable

fuel pressure good
    grounds clean
    vats and everything deleted involving the auto trans. it has a 2 speed powerglide
    failed the maf
    stock everything accept heads are 243
    no idea what else to do I have a wideband but not pro hp tuners
    clean IACsliver bullet 2.0.hptdies when you try to rev it.hpl

Tuner in Training
    my log and tune
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Looks lean. Almost seems like it has some excessive parasitic load coming from somewhere. What mods?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeshow View Post
    Looks lean. Almost seems like it has some excessive parasitic load coming from somewhere. What mods?

No mods at all it has the factory water pump /alternator

Tuner in Training
    I'm running an lq4 with 243s and a moderate cam and cable TB. Looks to me like your VE values are way too high. I would scale the whole table back by at least 20 - 25 % and try that. Where did you get the tune from? If you took a tune from a smaller displacement LS and increased the engine size and cylinder volume that will scale up the VE values, maybe that's the problem. Looking at the log it looks like you can keep it going after the start with the throttle but it dies when you let off. I'd say its too rich. Your wide band should indicate this, are you logging it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by KDS View Post
    I'm running an lq4 with 243s and a moderate cam and cable TB. Looks to me like your VE values are way too high. I would scale the whole table back by at least 20 - 25 % and try that. Where did you get the tune from? If you took a tune from a smaller displacement LS and increased the engine size and cylinder volume that will scale up the VE values, maybe that's the problem. Looking at the log it looks like you can keep it going after the start with the throttle but it dies when you let off. I'd say its too rich. Your wide band should indicate this, are you logging it.

sir this tune is stock from the van I got it from. I used the factory harness and chopped it for the s15. as the truck idles my AFR meter gos in heating mode and by the time its finished its heating cycle the truck stalls. but I don't think its rich as my o2 go very lean.