Thread: custom tune wanting to start all over

Potential Tuner

custom tune wanting to start all over

I have a question regarding a custom tune (has the word beach in it) that was installed in a 2018 mustang a10 vortech car I purchased used with 2200 miles on it. I contacted them with a few question I had about the tune that was in the car. They replied back stating the tune is not transferable to me as the new owner. If I wanted any support or updated tunes I would need to start all over. I was surprised last I checked the tune is licensed to the car. I was willing to pay for an updated tune but no way am I going to invest $800 to $1k in another dual fuel tune.

My questions...
    The car has an N-gauge from this beach place. I understand the tune is locked. I am not looking to read their tune. I want to start over, I have some experience tuning on my 2011 Ecoboost f-150 with the latest version of vcm editor and scanner with mpvi2. If I buy my own license file would I just re-flash back to stock and then add the credits and be on my way and still be able to use the n-gauge? Would I be able to go back to the beach tune if I needed to? I am not familiar with the locked tunes so sorry for all the questions. Would I be able to do some data logging with the current custom tune with VCM scanner after I purchase a new Lic file for the car?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Not sure about the ngauge, however if you can get the ecm flashed back to stock via ford dealer tool you should have no problem reading/flashing using our MPVI2 hardware. PBD likely tunerlocks their tunes by scrambling the os id so you won't be able to view/modify/license/flash their tune using our MPVI2 product.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I have the stock tune on the n-gauge can I reflash to stock with that file then re-credit and tune?

Thanks