Thread: 11 cts-v AEM 30-0334 wideband issue

11 cts-v AEM 30-0334 wideband issue

have an 11 cts-v using the aem 30-0334 wideband on an mpvi .
    through the obd2 port
    wideband is funtional and reads, however cannot log as its not seen in the scanner program
    have done the scanner and connect to vehicle, scanned for additional parameters and nothing.
    tried to change the can bus id and still nothing.
    can anyone help,
    seen the aem videos and no solution.
    also tried it on my 09 ctsv and nothing either.
    Last edited by dually681; 07-02-2020 at 12:26 PM. Reason: obd2 port clarification

Sounds like a guage issue if you tried it in another V. I'd call AEM.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Advanced Tuner
    Does it show up in the info log ?

Senior Tuner
    does it have the "obd2" listed in the menu ? i got 2 at the same time and one had the wrong firmware in it which wasnt obd2 enabled still had earlier settings pre obd2

yepp tried all obd id settings and no luck.

Advanced Tuner
    I would set all of the OBDII settings back to defaults. Then, print an info log ( little blue button ). See if the AEM controller shows up in the list. It's default controller ID may be in use by another node.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    I would set all of the OBDII settings back to defaults. Then, print an info log ( little blue button ). See if the AEM controller shows up in the list. It's default controller ID may be in use by another node.

called aem they said the unit has old software. mine has can in the options and it needs to have obd2 as a setting.
    brand new unit, jeez. now they want me to field destroy it and they will overnight a new one. aem has great support.
    afraid of destroying it, omg....

At least they took care of you. That is standup customer service.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Advanced Tuner
    I have heard of a couple of 30-0334s getting out with the 30-0300 firmware, now. They are physically identical, except for the cables. But, still...
    If your gauge has the CAN menu, instead of the OBd2 menu, it has 30-0300 firmware. Since I have heard of 2 of these, now, I assume there was an errant batch, at some point.

Blow it up real good !

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    I have heard of a couple of 30-0334s getting out with the 30-0300 firmware, now. They are physically identical, except for the cables. But, still...
    If your gauge has the CAN menu, instead of the OBd2 menu, it has 30-0300 firmware. Since I have heard of 2 of these, now, I assume there was an errant batch, at some point.

Blow it up real good !
    the one i got with wrong firmware was bit over a year ago (Australia suppler) so must have been a few go out round the globe