Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ?Burble? tune questions.

Tuner in Training

?Burble? tune questions.

I have been trying to get a tune for pops, if adjust the DFCO, base timing and couple other things Iv seen said try reading thru other forums. Only thing Iv managed is to get a throttle hang at 2,500 RPMs.

I have a 2014 Charger RT, longtubes, Catless, 2.75 SRT exhaust with dynomax mini for the Mids, and no rear mufflers.

Post up your tune before you started playing with it.

Do you use NN ?

Very tricky with Dodge...If you use VE you must set the Airflow at given throttle position right...otherwise the throttle hangs a while.

Tuner in Training
    Here is the stock file, sorry for delayed responseSTOCK.hpt

I have tried as well and get the throttle hang at exact same rpm as you lol...16 scat and a 19 scat we tried it on.

Tuner in Training
    The throttle hang doesn't really bug me, it?s whatever but I just don?t understand why I?m not getting anything. Iv looked at people pop tune files for my same yea with stock header and cats and they getting good pops.

Tuner in Training
    Run MBT the same as the decel spark in your PT Base spark table and it'll stop throttle hanging.

Tuner in Training
    My PT and Min Spark are the same.

Senior Tuner
    What he's saying is you have your torque model so messed up by running timing so far away from MBT that it is keeping the throttle way open to reach min torque.

How far you are from MBT is different than part throttle or min spark. If you lower MBT it should think torque is higher and closer to desired.

Tuner in Training
    Lowest I have it is -18 or -20

Senior Tuner
    I will look at a stock tune sometime when I get a chance. Never tried to do this but makes sense that you would end up on a min torque limit. PCM uses MBT table as a reference for where the most torque is made and when you get further from that indicated engine torque will be lower. There are min torque tables a couple places like in Engine Diagnostic and if your really low timing makes it think it's making less torque than that I could see it keeping throttle open to compensate.

The opposite problem is caused by adding power to get beyond max torque limits. PCM will typically reduce timing or boost (Hellcat PCM) to keep torque below the limit. I don't believe they will ever advance timing beyond what you have in your timing tables to add torque though so a torque increase is going to come from more throttle body airflow

I have been playing with this and have come up with a method that works. I will modify yours and put it back up soon so you can all pick it apart. The couple of guys I have done it for seem to love it.. Not my thing.

Can you post the bog stock tune.. That one looks like you have played with pulling timing out already..
    Last edited by Bullet300; 07-05-2020 at 12:07 AM.

Tuner in Training
    oh crap, had them mixed up and didn't change name. here is the base tune BASE STOCK.hpt

Ok mate.. Here you go. Let me know what you think of this. You can make it more or less aggressive than this. 5.7 Crackle tune.hpt

You can adjust by making the timing pull more aggressive if you wish or I would start with adjusting ve to be a richer in the same zones that I have adjusted timing.
    This really doesn't effect drivability but there is a little trick that needs to be done to make it happy.
    Last edited by Bullet300; 07-05-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Will this give me pops in revs as well? I played with it some and ended up getting pops but had the throttle hang but never in park

This will give you pops on decel. Rev and let off for pops. A 2 step does pops on rev.. If you did that in your tune your car would drive like complete crap.

Tuner in Training
    Nah I don?t want 2 step, just left rev in park and pops when I let off

Tuner in Training
    Hey man it works great!! No more throttle hang, nice pops on decel and revs. How do you make it more aggressive? I?m new to all the table and such.

Glad you like it.Try this one..

5.7 Crackle tune.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet300 View Post
    Ok mate.. Here you go. Let me know what you think of this. You can make it more or less aggressive than this. 5.7 Crackle tune.hpt

You can adjust by making the timing pull more aggressive if you wish or I would start with adjusting ve to be a richer in the same zones that I have adjusted timing.
    This really doesn't effect drivability but there is a little trick that needs to be done to make it happy.
    from what i know when ANN is enabled any changes in the VE are ignored and do not have an effect, did your changes to the VE have an effect ?