Thread: 2000 Durango 5.2 JTEC+ vats disable

Potential Tuner

2000 Durango 5.2 JTEC+ vats disable

I have a 00 Durango PCM that has factory anti theft. Under system and general there are 2 options. One says skim which is factory disabled and the other one says vats enabled. I figured vats was only gm but anyways, I disabled vats and performed a write. Engine starts for about 3 seconds then dies due to fuel cut. I can verify its anti theft related because I'm using an aftermarket autel and under live data it gives me vehicle theft security PID that shows fuel on when running then switches to kill fuel after about 3 seconds. Anyone been able to remove anti theft on JTEC?

Tuner in Training
    I have heard that if you unplug the skim mod before you write it will work. Just leave the skim unplugged. So do you even have a have a skim module? Let us know if that works.
    Good luck.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    We do not offer skim disable on ANY dodge other than 08+ viper ecm's.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

did you ever get vats disabled ?

have done it on jtec jeep 1998 to run ecu in different vehicles , use a bench harness if thats make a difference?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by unklemanny View Post
    I have a 00 Durango PCM that has factory anti theft. Under system and general there are 2 options. One says skim which is factory disabled and the other one says vats enabled. I figured vats was only gm but anyways, I disabled vats and performed a write. Engine starts for about 3 seconds then dies due to fuel cut. I can verify its anti theft related because I'm using an aftermarket autel and under live data it gives me vehicle theft security PID that shows fuel on when running then switches to kill fuel after about 3 seconds. Anyone been able to remove anti theft on JTEC?
    Lograste solucionar el problema? Me sucede lo mismo