Thread: Flex fuel sensor erratic

Flex fuel sensor erratic

Just installed a brand new flex fuel sensor on a zl1. The sensor reads, but it rhythmically alternates between 0 and 100 a couple times a second. Currently has straight 91 in it. Did I miss something in the tune? I'd hate to think it was a bad sensor out of the box.
    '12 ZL1 - RPM 5", TSP 2" headers, Speed Engineering 3" header back, Dayco 8.66 lower/LPE 2.38 upper, ID1050x's with DSX aux kit and E, NGK TR8's, Taylor wires, 160* tstat, NW 102, self ported snout/blower, Stock unopened long block

Tune and short log
    Attached Files Attached Files
    '12 ZL1 - RPM 5", TSP 2" headers, Speed Engineering 3" header back, Dayco 8.66 lower/LPE 2.38 upper, ID1050x's with DSX aux kit and E, NGK TR8's, Taylor wires, 160* tstat, NW 102, self ported snout/blower, Stock unopened long block

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    alot miss under fuel sys diagnoses tab enable
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    alot miss under fuel sys diagnoses tab enable
    I'm sorry, I don't know what you're saying lol

I got it figured out though. Always triple check your grounds folks!

Senior Tuner
    ecm330 enable the sensor diag and set flex dtc's, the max/min ethanol should be 80 and 0, and i use default percentage as 80% so if im on e85 and it fails it dosnt default lean or if its on petrol it will just default rich, the comp change thresh set to 2 and the other settings depend how close ur sensor is to the fuel rail

Potential Tuner
    I had this happen and it was the ground on the drivers side head loose