Thread: POWER ENRICHMENT not stable at WOT

Advanced Tuner

POWER ENRICHMENT not stable at WOT

2014 ZL1 cammed headers and all the goodies on 100% MAF
    My Lambda is all over in the .70's but commanding .77
    The PE table is all the same at 1.29 and the MAF was dialed in or so I think.
    Can someone put in simple terms why this is fluctuating?
    If I missed some needed info please let me know and I 'll update.

Attached tune and log

WOT unstable PE.hpt
    6k.hpl

Thanks,
    Mark
    Last edited by marksrig; 07-03-2020 at 11:12 PM.

Senior Tuner
    ur WB just looks to be super responsive so its going to pick up on all the little differences, looks ok tho if u can adjust the sampling rate it will show a smoother line, and your injector flow rate multiplier v map has bout 10% shift in values during your mid to top operating range so it going to be moving around with boost u could set that to 1.0 and then adjust fueling back to suit see if it helps, .77 is pretty rich tho

Advanced Tuner
    OK. Thanks. I'll look into those.
    What Lambda do you suggest is good?

Senior Tuner
    could come back to around the 1.240 PE just make sure u dont get knock and u may make a little more power, im use to have a BE table to adjust too, also these use dynamic airflow so its never 100% maf only the VVE can be looked up for situations so always make sure its adjusted also

Advanced Tuner
    That's what my wb readings look like as well...AEM X series gauge and polling at 100hz. I wouldn't decrease the polling rate as you are getting real data. If you slow it down you may get a smoother reading but not as accurate data. Here's my WOT fueling...looks similar to yourswot fueling.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks, I remember setting the polling at 100 Hz for sure but I still dont understand why it jumps around. Yes, I realize the AEM is showing data fast, but that just shows that the data is actually changing quickly and it's just reading it as it really is and not smoothed. Maybe I'm wrong. I still think my upper MAF might be to blame because I had so much trouble with the tuning of it with error tables. Hope that makes sense. I know if I lower the polling it would cleanup, but might mask a problem too.
    Thanks, just wanted to hear everyones opinions and experiences.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by marksrig View Post
    Thanks, I remember setting the polling at 100 Hz for sure but I still dont understand why it jumps around. Yes, I realize the AEM is showing data fast, but that just shows that the data is actually changing quickly and it's just reading it as it really is and not smoothed. Maybe I'm wrong. I still think my upper MAF might be to blame because I had so much trouble with the tuning of it with error tables. Hope that makes sense. I know if I lower the polling it would cleanup, but might mask a problem too.
    Thanks, just wanted to hear everyones opinions and experiences.
    yup no problem..your maf doesn't look terrible up top..you could just lean it out slightly.. 11.5-11.8 afr is what most target for these engines

Advanced Tuner
    See the attached MAF run I did. As the MAF Hz increases, the Lambda goes richer and richer. I just found this log and might try to work that range down a little.maf pe.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    See the attached MAF run I did. As the MAF Hz increases, the Lambda goes richer and richer. I just found this log and might try to work that range down a little.maf pe.hpl
    Yeah definitely lean that out a bit

Advanced Tuner
    Well I took it out and retuned the MAF PE, well actually all of it. It's hard to hit the 10500Hz area around here on these country roads but we got it done. Lambda is much smoother even at 100Hz sample rate from the AEM. Looks like -3/+3% from commanded. If I drop the AEM to 10Hz it would probably look spot on. Seems there were two issues I was having. The PE tune and AEM being to sensative.

new run 2 10hz.hpl
    Last edited by marksrig; 07-05-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Well I took it out and retuned the MAF PE, well actually all of it. It's hard to hit the 10500Hz area around here on these country roads but we got it done. Lambda is much smoother even at 100Hz sample rate from the AEM. Looks like -3/+3% from commanded. If I drop the AEM to 10Hz it would probably look spot on. Seems there were two issues I was having. The PE tune and AEM being to sensative.

new run 2 10hz.hpl
    what polling rate was this pull at?

Advanced Tuner
    10Hz

Advanced Tuner
    10Hz
    i honestly think you should take full adavantage of the 100hz polling rate..doesn't look as pretty but you are getting much more accurate/raw data

Advanced Tuner
    I agree, I did the 10Hz to show that it smoothed out. I dont see any concerning MAF error when I log so I'm good with the numbers as long as it runs rich

Advanced Tuner
    I agree, I did the 10Hz to show that it smoothed out. I dont see any concerning MAF error when I log so I'm good with the numbers as long as it runs rich

Gotcha, yeah looks decent to me