Thread: Pentastar WOT AFR issues

Tuner in Training

Pentastar WOT AFR issues

Did some runs after getting my wideband installed. Noticed it running stoich halfway through a WOT pull? Then realized it's always doing this. I have touched nothing fueling wise. Basically VVT tables, throttle body ramp rates and max voltage, and just recently timing tables to optimize 93oct.

I'm lost with why it only starts wot fueling at around 5k rpm? And why the throttle blade position will sometimes go full open at wot, and other times it doesn't?

first afr run.hpl
    second afr run.hpl
    beta5- brians spark tables, my TB settings, brians vvt tables, fueling not touched.hpt
    Last edited by gokart2; 07-17-2020 at 08:13 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Change table 44450 to 0 instead of 8160.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    Change table 44450 to 0 instead of 8160.
    Thanks. I ended up trying that without any luck. I believe i may have had table 44539 maxed out when it should have been min'd out. Not allowing it to go closed loop? Going to see if that does anything. Thanks for pointing that mistake out and helping!

Advanced Tuner
    Maxing that out on my car essentially disables the downstream O2 sensors from contributing to CL (i.e. PCM ignores). It's [ECM] 2460 - Closed Loop Enable ECT that should control CL fueling. BTW on your 200S your WOT threshold is set to 3V so if that equates to 5000 rpm then you can drop the voltage a little for it to kick in a little sooner.

Yeah from your log PE is not kicking in because your pedal voltage never hits 3V. Wonder if thermal protection was kicking in at 5000 rpm? Do you have a stock read of the tune?
    commanded.JPG
    Last edited by Homer; 07-18-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Set your pe: WOT Pedal Thresh (#44442) to 2.2 V and the driver demand pedal wot: (#13530) to 2.2v

Would also set that rpm max (#44450) to 0rpms..

Set your aircharge / pratio far tables to the same settings.. also set your inc (#44453) table to .0050

if you need a custom tune hmu on facebook DEMIGOD. I tune a ton of pentastar.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Maxing that out on my car essentially disables the downstream O2 sensors from contributing to CL (i.e. PCM ignores). It's [ECM] 2460 - Closed Loop Enable ECT that should control CL fueling. BTW on your 200S your WOT threshold is set to 3V so if that equates to 5000 rpm then you can drop the voltage a little for it to kick in a little sooner.

Yeah from your log PE is not kicking in because your pedal voltage never hits 3V. Wonder if thermal protection was kicking in at 5000 rpm? Do you have a stock read of the tune?
    commanded.JPG
    Thanks for pointing this out. I for some reason wasn't watching pedal voltage, only percentages. Never seen it wasn't reaching the voltage i thought it was.

Stock read except for cal'd out DTC's. stock read.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by luciddeath View Post
    Set your pe: WOT Pedal Thresh (#44442) to 2.2 V and the driver demand pedal wot: (#13530) to 2.2v

Would also set that rpm max (#44450) to 0rpms..

Set your aircharge / pratio far tables to the same settings.. also set your inc (#44453) table to .0050

if you need a custom tune hmu on facebook DEMIGOD. I tune a ton of pentastar.
    Thanks very much for the input Mario, its very appreciated. I already follow you on FB and am apart of the Pentastar threads. My plan is to definitely get your trans tune as the boys swear by it. Likely purchase an engine tune as well once I get everything squared away......to see how far off I was....lol. Again, I appreciate the input as most tuners stay hush when guys with a little experience are trying to remember how to do this crap. Many years ago I played with Motec and ETAS INCA on a factory level. But it's been nothing but heavy duty diesels the past decade.

Advanced Tuner
    According to your stock read your WOT PE threshold is 2.0V, why would you increase it to 3.0V? Increasing voltage delays the onset of WOT...leave it stock.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    According to your stock read your WOT PE threshold is 2.0V, why would you increase it to 3.0V? Increasing voltage delays the onset of WOT...leave it stock.
    Honest mistake. Was thinking that was in relation to throttle blade wot voltage. Bonehead maneuver really.