Thread: Confusion on speed density 2 bar patch

Confusion on speed density 2 bar patch

Finished installing an lSA (tvs1900?) all OEM supercharger on 2008 6.0 G8. Tuned the new cam (not 100%- but able to drive vehicle home from shop safely- the rest lsa install was done at home.

read a lot online on tuning - it gets overwhelming ----weather to tune fuel, air, timing....and then the limit on injector flow . Seen a few tunes online that i might be able to "work" as a base tune (I have a stage 2 BTR cam and 850 injectors that will need further adjusting-tuning . so really just looking for suggestions on a base tune adjustments to get it running safe ..... to the tuner shop. I'm terrified of it detonating itself to death during its initial drive-
    worse case-I guess i can leave the charger belt off ? its about 50 miles..... and yes I have an AEM AFR wideband guage hooked up just in case
    Having problems with the intake air (+ MAF sensor) tubing-IT very tight to install the Maf (the IAT has already been transferred-rewired to lid IAT se.nsor). Before I spend useless time on a possibly non issue- (I noticed the 2 bar upgrade is listed as speed density in the comments- so any point having a maf?)

ANY AND ALL SUGESTIONS WELCOME!
    Last edited by goodwrenchdave; 07-04-2020 at 01:59 AM.

Senior Tuner
    2bar or not can be used with our without the maf, might be easier without in your case, apply the 2 bar and fall the maf to go sd adjust map offsets to suit and tune away u will need a VE table tho as it is zeroes to start with, once u get that sorted should be fine for enough tweaking to get it drivable

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by goodwrenchdave View Post
    Finished installing an lSA (tvs1900?) all OEM supercharger on 2008 6.0 G8. Tuned the new cam (not 100%- but able to drive vehicle home from shop safely- the rest lsa install was done at home.

read a lot online on tuning - it gets overwhelming ----weather to tune fuel, air, timing....and then the limit on injector flow . Seen a few tunes online that i might be able to "work" as a base tune (I have a stage 2 BTR cam and 850 injectors that will need further adjusting-tuning . so really just looking for suggestions on a base tune adjustments to get it running safe ..... to the tuner shop. I'm terrified of it detonating itself to death during its initial drive-
    worse case-I guess i can leave the charger belt off ? its about 50 miles..... and yes I have an AEM AFR wideband guage hooked up just in case
    Having problems with the intake air (+ MAF sensor) tubing-IT very tight to install the Maf (the IAT has already been transferred-rewired to lid IAT se.nsor). Before I spend useless time on a possibly non issue- (I noticed the 2 bar upgrade is listed as speed density in the comments- so any point having a maf?)

ANY AND ALL SUGESTIONS WELCOME!
    I wouldnt update to the 2-bar OS. And this is coming from someone that did. I had to use "EQ_VE" to convert the VVE table to a VE table that could be used. Now that we have a VVE editor in HPT, what you CAN do is go into the VVE editor and change to the 2-bar VVE table and THEN disable the MAF (and input the correct MAP settings...). Be warned that disabling the MAF will set a CEL (even if you disable the light) and WILL prevent you from passing emissions. Personally, IMO the only REAL benefit the 2-bar OS right now is the fan control down to the 160-170 range... Which MAF are you using?
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Senior Tuner
    if ur not going to use the MAF then id use the proper VE table over the VVE any day, but if ur keeping the maf then VVE and MAF will be best (do get extended maf range on the 2bar also)