Thread: MPVI2 None Pro + AEM Wideband

Exclamation MPVI2 None Pro + AEM Wideband

Is it possible to use my MPVI2 without pro features to read in the data from inline OBD adapter on my AEM 30-0334 Wideband?

If so, how would I go about this. No matter what sensor I add when I start recording the extra sensors disappear.

Tuner: MPVI 2 none pro features
    VCM Scanner: 4.6.3
    Vehicle: 2015 Camaro SS / Manual Trans

Never mind about this first part I went ahead and got the pro features but there is still a problem with reading the sensor.

The sensor works properly but reading any data into the scanner still isn't working.

I have added X-Series UEGO Ratio 1 - 8 and repolled the car settings but nothing is showing up still.

The gauge itself is kind of funny to me. In the directions it shows there should be a menu item labeled OBDII but there is no such menu. All the other menu items are there according to the directions for the gauge. There is one menu item that isn't in the directions though and that is "CAn" I'm assuming that is the OBDII menu but there is only 16 parameters that can be changed.

1d01 through 1d16

I have tried all 16 settings on the gauge and disconnected / reconnected / repoll for all 16 settings and still nothing.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 07-04-2020 at 05:40 PM.

Senior Tuner
    i had one that didnt have the obd2 settings in menu and found out it didnt have the correct firmware was older version in it, had to send back as u cant update it yourself, it should show up as a pid in the fueling section or under "unknown controller" in the drop down list

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds like that one has the 30-0300 firmware. ID01 ID02, et al, are AEMNet addresses.

Thanks for the help guys I had a feeling something was up. The gauge was purchased at Summit but I guess I'll have to contact AEM and see what I need to do about this.

On a side note, I haven't had a chance yet to see if it shows up under unknown controllers but the gauge is going to be static in the Camaro and I won't be moving it to another vehicle. If I do get it to show up is there any benifit of having the newer firmware or would it be fine to leave as unknown controller?
    Last edited by [email protected]; 07-05-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    If it is using 30-0300 firmware, it will not show up as a controller, in the scanner. The 30-0300 CAN interface works with the Pro Features/ProLink interface. The hardware for the gauge, itself, is identical, between the 30-0300 and 30-0334. The only physical difference is the OBDII cable. So, I can re-FLASH a 30-0300 to the 30-0334 firmware, if you are out of warranty/return period.

Thanks a ton Dr. Mike, the gauge was purchased less then a month ago and I contacted AEM, they just had me destroy it and are shipping me a new one. :-)

Just out of curiosity, do you use a USB to TTL converter for the flashing? I looked online for a way to flash one but haven't found anything.

Potential Tuner
    This helped me a ton! I have the same issue with a 30-0334! I couldn’t get this thing to connect to HP tuners for the life of me. Found this thread, and low and behold I have the same issue. AEM is taking care of it!