Thread: think i cant find a limiter

Potential Tuner

think i cant find a limiter

i am trying to command 160mm3 at wot but i think i am hitting a limiter that i cant find.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    boost limit A, baro limit, part throttle gov, PID feedback (defuel calculation rpm settings)

Banned
    side note, commanding 160mm3 and even logging 160mm3 means nothing, the max your pulsewidth table goes to is 140mm3, the injectors do not open up beyond longer than whats in the boundaries of the pulsewidth table.

Potential Tuner
    i can not find the PID feedback (defuel calculation rpm settings). I thought my part throttle gov should stop making adjustment after 60% throttle. I was thinking that if i commanded 160mm3 then it would just follow the highest volume on the pw table.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    It?s fuel governor settings where it says PID Feedback.

For clarity, the fuel quantity commanded in the throttle tables, fuel quantity limits set in limit tables, fuel quantity axis in timing tables, rail pressure tables, etc. is total fuel quantity, main+pilot+post. The main pulsewidth tables fuel quantity axis goes up to 140mm3 and 180mpa, these are the upper limits you can reach without rescaling for higher values. The point of raising limits above 140mm3 is ensure you hit the max allowable in the pulsewidth table, accounting for any pilot/post event occurring. If you set limits to 140mm3 your main event may not hit a full 140mm3 if you happen to have a pilot event firing.

Say all limits are set at 140mm3, you hit the throttle to the floor to get full commanded fueling of 140mm3 but you have a pilot event of 5mm3 occurring, the most you will get on the main event is 135mm3 but will still be hitting the limit of 140mm3. Pilot of 5mm3 + main of 135mm3 = 140mm3. So the point of raising limits above 140mm3 is to just make sure you main event actually hits 140mm3.

You can command 200mm3 if you?d like and under full throttle condition log a 200mm3 of fueling, you won?t be getting that though as the injection duration will just stop at 140mm3 in the pulsewidth table for whatever pressure is being commanded at that time.