Thread: New and having troubles, AEM 30-0300/4th gen fbody

Potential Tuner

New and having troubles, AEM 30-0300/4th gen fbody

Hello all, I Recently bought Hptuners pro with the prolink and thought I would be able to easily setup a wideband and make some logs to send off for remote tuning. But I’m struggling horribly,

Using AEM X-series 30-0300 in a 2000 camaro. I can’t figure out how to make it work, I‘m not sure I’m setting it up correctly in the scanner, but wiring should be 100% correct.

I‘ve tried the analog way with the prolink and then did the serial to usb adaptor with the same results - gauge says an error message (Maybe?) and numbers on the scanner aren’t correct. Car not running the gauge and scanner should be pegged lean correct?

I’ve searched for weeks all over and watched YouTube videos but a lot of stuff is for CANbus and my car is not. Any help would be greatly appreciated, definitely in over my head and theres a lot to learn - Patrick
    Last edited by pteeplejr; 07-06-2020 at 06:51 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Did you try CAN via the ProLink ?

Potential Tuner
    No I haven’t tried that yet, I wasn’t fully understanding how it works with noncanbus cars, the serial to usb is wired in now so I guess I’d like to stick with that?

I’m getting numbers on the scanner but words on the gauge, nothing I can read or type.
    What range do I set the voltage to? I’m much more confused than I thought I would be to simply data log.