Thread: Crank Relearn for Mopar??

Crank Relearn for Mopar??

I think I need to do a crank relearn - non-OEM combination of engine, PCM, vehicle... and getting fairly predictable and probably false misfire. Searched the forum and found nothing on crank relearn available for Chrysler on HPT. Anyone know if it's available? Trying to avoid the dealer and hoping HPT can add it to VCM Scanner. Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    The only other software I know of that might be able to do a relearn is alfaOBD. It needs a different OBD interface as it does not work with HP tuners. I know it can do a cam/crank relearn on my challenger. What engine and controller you running?

Thanks for the tip for alfaOBD! I'm running mostly stock components - 2016 392 Hemi, ~2010 Challenger PCM (NGC4) in a 2008 Jeep Wrangler.

Advanced Tuner
    Like I said in post #2, AlfaOBD has a crank relearn but never seen this feature available in VCM scanner.
    crank.JPG
    Last edited by Homer; 08-09-2021 at 10:39 AM.

I've since learned from a reputable 4x4 shop owner that they can do it, using probably the factory systems (Chrysler Starscan or its replacement).

No idea why HP Tuners can't make it available...

Advanced Tuner
    Hmm, so the Knowledgebase shows VCM scanner has a crank relearn? I don't recall seeing this available on my JGC or Challenger?

https://support.hptuners.com/hc/en-u...earn-Procedure

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Hmm, so the Knowledgebase shows VCM scanner has a crank relearn? I don't recall seeing this available on my JGC or Challenger?

https://support.hptuners.com/hc/en-u...earn-Procedure
    Doesn't seem applicable.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    Doesn't seem applicable.
    Yeah I guess AlfaOBD is the only way...otherwise a pro scan tool?