Thread: 99 Mustang GT 3 Valve Swapped NEED HELP

Potential Tuner

99 Mustang GT 3 Valve Swapped NEED HELP

Let me start off by saying I am completely new to tuning but i am trying to learn as much as possible. i bought a car that was tuned by a shop at one point using the SCT platform. i returned car to stock with the SCT handheld and uploaded the stock tune file with the MPVI2 that was on car as my As Found. i am trying to figure out what i need to adjust to get it it idle and run but its proving to be difficult. car has the following installed.

FRP Hot Hot Cams
    BBF 300 LPH Fuel Pump
    90 mm MAF Sensor
    MAC Longtubes

Any help is much appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 99GT3Valve; 07-19-2020 at 09:28 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Start by dialing in the MAF, and injectors (I assume this doesn't have stock injectors) that is the 1st step on any 3 valve. I'm clueless on the cam part.

Potential Tuner
    Raise idle to 750 p/n and 700 in gear. Under idle airflow p/n and in gear add 2 grams/sec to all cells. Add a couple degrees to the idle spark table and it should idle Pretty decent as long as everything else is close.
    Find the online instructions for the hot rod cams and retard the VCT tables per their listed spec. The vct angle vs rpm/vct angle vs load/vct max angle I believe are the ones you have to change I may have the names of the tables wrong, but they are all right next to each other under vct and it?s not too hard to figure out. You?ll be modifying the bottom 3 rows only. If you have the intake runners intact only modify the imrc open tables and leave the closed tables stock.

For the headers under the o2 find transport delay and multiply by like 1.15. This account for the extra time taken for the exhaust to reach the sensor.

Unsure on the fuel pump as I?m still stock.

Dial in the maf using custom histogram maf volts vs fuel trim. I typically use long term trims unless I?m way off then I?ll use short term. Some disable long term and tune off short term only. Either one works, long term does take longer to populate cells.

I?m not an expert tuner, but this is what I did to get my car to idle and run good. Getting a wideband installed this week so I can dial in the afr and it?ll be good to go.