Thread: Injector Tip Temp Tuning

Advanced Tuner

Injector Tip Temp Tuning

Need some help guys. Trying to get the "heat soaked" end of the ITT table dialed in via STFT. However, it seems that no matter how many ms i take out of that table my car is still extremely rich when heat soaked. I even zeroed out that table ( i know this is the wrong thing to do) and my stft are still pulling fuel at the 194 deg range. My maf is dialed in pretty well at around the 122-131ish ITT range and WOT fueling at this temp is perfectly fine. This is me wanting to know what i'm missing or not doing right during heat soaked conditions. I'm looking at 212-194 deg range. Any other info that I haven't included i'll try and provide so let me know. Car runs and drives fine however i just would like to dial this table in. The attached tune is the one that doesn't have the ITT table zeroed out. Just looking to be pointed in the right direction. TIA
    ZEROED ITT table log.hplRich ITT log.hpl2.35 pulley, ID850s, CURRENT TUNE HUMPLESS SPARK TABLE ZEROED ITT TABLE.hpt

2014 cts-v
    -airaid
    -ID850 injectors
    -zl1 lid
    -2.35" upper
    -test pipes
    -ported blower

Senior Tuner
    your flow rate v map and IAT are both populated, i would set those both to 1.0 so they are not in play and then readjust fueling at operating temps and then see if it works out better, if u can get away without needing to populate those again all good or just add back what u need too for any temps below operating or above for heat soak

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    your flow rate v map and IAT are both populated, i would set those both to 1.0 so they are not in play and then readjust fueling at operating temps and then see if it works out better, if u can get away without needing to populate those again all good or just add back what u need too for any temps below operating or above for heat soak
    alright, I will try that...those two tables are actually the stock calibration as I haven't modified those at all. I notice that the zl1s have all "1s" in the iat table. I find that weird as its the same engine as mine. I wasn't aware that those tables needed to be changed prior to adjusting the ITT table. thanks for the reccomendation
    Last edited by sgod1100; 07-07-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Senior Tuner
    i always try to make operating temp the zero point so all modifiers are set to 1.0 for that range then adjust fueling to be correct and then only add back in if any temp ranges need it based on there input (offset/multiplier) as one of those tables up as u go into boost its going 5% leaner and other as iat rise ur getting a 5% richer so on hot start the iat will be adding fuel and if the ITT is on zero it cant be just that table affecting it

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    i always try to make operating temp the zero point so all modifiers are set to 1.0 for that range then adjust fueling to be correct and then only add back in if any temp ranges need it based on there input (offset/multiplier) as one of those tables up as u go into boost its going 5% leaner and other as iat rise ur getting a 5% richer so on hot start the iat will be adding fuel and if the ITT is on zero it cant be just that table affecting it
    i made the iat mult all 1s and that seemed to have gotten me much closer with the ITT table. Did you make the map mult table all "1s" as well? Mine is currently still at the stock settings shown in the tune that i attached originally

Senior Tuner
    yea the map one looks to add some at idle and then leans out up top with boost a little so could be worth a check also set to 1.0's then recheck fueling under boost as u may have to add bout 5% but it should take a little out of idle so should help also

Advanced Tuner
    Injector flow rate vs map vs IAT, this is the one to adjust for a hot soak rich starting condition? In my case it looks like there is more correlation with the IVT, but that chart modifies the EQ ratio. I am running richer than commanded EQ, then it slowly creeps back to closer to normal. I have all 1's in the stock cal for ITT as well as injector flow/map/iat, which seems weird with all of the talk about ITT and rich after flash.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSure View Post
    Injector flow rate vs map vs IAT, this is the one to adjust for a hot soak rich starting condition? In my case it looks like there is more correlation with the IVT, but that chart modifies the EQ ratio. I am running richer than commanded EQ, then it slowly creeps back to closer to normal. I have all 1's in the stock cal for ITT as well as injector flow/map/iat, which seems weird with all of the talk about ITT and rich after flash.
    your ecm12303 offset v inj temp is all 1's ? the multipliers are fine being all 1 as that has no affect but the ITT offset is not right if it is and will cause rich issues