Thread: 1997 LT1 to 0411 PCM Swap

1997 LT1 to 0411 PCM Swap

Im going to be swapping the ECU on my 97 Comp T/A (Trans Am) to a 0411 as I am eventually going to a 24x system with coil near plug and ditching the opti spark not only for reliability but for the ability to tune it with Hp Tuners as well. My question is, will I be able to change over the Vin and Y/M/M listed in the PCM from whatever vehicle it comes out of? I really don't feel like looking at a incorrect Vin and something like "2001 Chevy Express" every time I'm plugged in. Thanks guys

What you ask can't really be done. The computer is always going to show something different than what it is because you can't change the fact that you have to run a 411 calibration to make it work.

HP Tuners can't change the VIN but different programs I believe can. Like EFI Live.

To me this little stuff wouldn't bother me at all, who cares what the computer says if it does what I need it to do.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Yeah, it was more to ease my OCD on the little details. But I can live with it. LoL Yeah, I need to copy the base tune from a L31 Vortec and modify my tune from there. Unfortunately the list of people with the ability to Dyno or Mail order tune a LT1 is growing smaller by the year. And even with the 411 PCM and 24x system it still doesn't like to be tuned like an LS. So its going to be a pretty big learning curve for me. There's a company out there that sells an entire kit to convert the LT1 to the 24x Ignition system and you can order it with a base tune or a mail order tune with your mod list. Its just super expensive and since the race season has been put on hold my funds are limited until things pick back up. So i've decided to piece together a kit myself a little bit at a time.

You can change it to a Trans am file if it makes you feel better

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    You cannot change the VIN with HPT but with pcmhammer (think thats what its called) you can. Youll need somthing like an AVT-852 cable.

Changing the VIN tho might cause conflicting with HPT.
    If your doing it for emissions reasons keep in mind mine passes every year with a base VIN. Not even my actual VIN.
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Good information thank you, Fortunately for me I live in IN and my Trans Am is plated in my home state of MT. Zero Emission state. I actually passed up the PCM I had access to, the vehicle it came out of had front end damage on that side of the vehicle and the PCM looked rough even though I was guaranteed that it worked. I found one on ebay and they actually program the information for you at time of purchase. Its only 100$ more then the one I was looking at and thats something I can swing right now.