Thread: 2014 Audi Q7 TCU tune for ZF8 success?

Potential Tuner

2014 Audi Q7 TCU tune for ZF8 success?

Greetings everyone,

New here and new to tuning and recently I bought a HPTuner to tune the ZF8 on my 2014 Audi Q7 and I was wondering if any other Q7 owners have had any success. I've attempted to read the file but I'm getting a x35 error. I contacted customer support but they said that the x35 error means the tune is locked. This car has never had the TCU tuned so I think it must be something else going on. I did have an EPL stage 2 tune on the ECU and even flashed back to stock but I'm still having the same error. When I attempt to read my car it sees the VIN number and model but the ECU and TCU fields are blank.

I know the ECU is not supported by HPtuners for my car since I am Simos 8.3 but in the ZF8 ad on this forum my car is shown on the supported list. That ad is found here: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-Now-Available!
    My ECU tuner did mention that he was unsure if my car was supported because "it has a different TCU controller for the Aisin." I am unsure what that exactly means.

I did try selecting ZF8 VAG in the transmission field and skipping the ECU field and that's what gives me the x35 error. I did attempt selecting the ZF8 Dodge and it started to actually read the file but gave a x12 or x13 error, something about sub not supported. Sorry I don't remember the exact error on that part. I also attempted installing the beta version of the Software Suite but had no luck as well.

Regards

Tuner
    Um... how sure are you your Q7 has a ZF transmission?

According to this Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._transmissions, Q7s can come with an Aisin transmission (search the page for "Q7"). Honestly that's news to me, I thought they all had ZFs. But maybe not?

YEP ASIN, i mistakenly downloaded the asin ssp when looking for the zf ssp.

Potential Tuner
    You guys are right, it looks like my car is equipped with the AISIN TR80-SD that is on the Cayennes. It looks like I am SOL. I was honestly going by the the ZF8 Ad on this forum and just assumed it would work for me. Thank you guys for the help, hopefully others see this and don't make the same mistake I did.