Thread: e38 truck not showing all channels to scanner

e38 truck not showing all channels to scanner

Just got an engine back together for a 2012 truck, e38 ecu that was previously tuned by another shop. Hook up and start scanning and all it will read is commanded afr (10.5 for some reason) and a couple temperature sensors and oil pressure. fuel trim's aren't even showing up in the list of channels to add. So I discon/recon and fuel trims showed up until I actually started logging and then they grayed out. Now they won't show up at all, after several attempts. Google has nothing, or I at least dont know what to search for. What am I missing here? I did find that ltft's were disabled in the tune, but on other cars that doesn't matter, they just read zero for me.

attached is screenshot of the only channels I can read.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '12 ZL1 - RPM 5", TSP 2" headers, Speed Engineering 3" header back, Dayco 8.66 lower/LPE 2.38 upper, ID1050x's with DSX aux kit and E, NGK TR8's, Taylor wires, 160* tstat, NW 102, self ported snout/blower, Stock unopened long block

You have to log them for them to show.

If the channel is not displayed in the channels list on the left, nothing will shows in your graphs/charts.

Re-poll for supported parameters under the vehicles tab and then add in all the channels you want to view.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You have to log them for them to show.

If the channel is not displayed in the channels list on the left, nothing will shows in your graphs/charts.

Re-poll for supported parameters under the vehicles tab and then add in all the channels you want to view.
    I'm not even worried about graphing right now. I'm just trying to get channels to show up on the left. When I go to add channel I can add them but they just disappear when I actually start logging. I will try that repoll option. Right now I can add 100 different channels, but they all disappear and all that show up and work are the ones In that screenshot.
    '12 ZL1 - RPM 5", TSP 2" headers, Speed Engineering 3" header back, Dayco 8.66 lower/LPE 2.38 upper, ID1050x's with DSX aux kit and E, NGK TR8's, Taylor wires, 160* tstat, NW 102, self ported snout/blower, Stock unopened long block

I had to re-poll twice, but it's working now. That option is a lifesaver.