Thread: turbo ls iat/lean issue

Potential Tuner

turbo ls iat/lean issue

Hello everyone. First post here for me. I will post all of the specs just in case it is important to anyone.

I have a 87 square body2020-07-07 21.39.13.jpg

Gen 3 5.3 L33, P01 ECU
    Ported 283 heads
    Brian Tooley Stage 2 Twin turbo cam/spring/retainer kit
    Twin BW S366's
    Factory bottom end, gapped rings
    Fuel Injector Clinic 1000cc (3bar) injectors. I am running a 4 bar system
    4" Throttle body and main tube
    tune port gm iat sensor located in 3d printed fitting in the charge tube.

Details of issues..... This is my first domestic vehicle forced induction build so please be patient

I have always been fighting heat soak issues after parking the truck. Pulling over to reflash adjustments i will see iat's of 130's and will see AFR's of 18:1 sometimes a bit higher. Obviously limp it around to get down to 108 IAT's where the afr's will then be in the 15's. I can keep adjusting and reflashing to no benefit.

Please ignore my ve table. Tonight I was just logging and correcting trying to make the prick happy to no success. Also I have the IAT vs.CLT bias basically fully looking at IAT's. I really need help here guys!

If you dont mind really blow through everything, gander at my spark table if you dont mind. I accept criticism rather well.

new injector data-start over.hpt

Did you copy over the correct min injector pulse, short pulse adder and offset data?

The FIC data and yours looks to be different. Like way different.

https://fuelinjectorclinic.com/HPTUNERS1000

This is probably why your VE table has such huge values in it for such large injectors. Typically the VE would be about 1/2 of what is it now and you'd never see values much over 130ish.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Well I like to think I did it right. Its hard to be perfect these days lol. I attached the file they sent me for injector data. Do you mind having a look?

FIC1000CC-95LBBOSCHEV14LSXHPT.xlsx

I am beyond frustrated with this issue so I am probably over looking something.

You said "clinic" in the first post but you bought from fuel injector connection. So nevermind the injector data stuff.

Post any logs you have too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.