Thread: Did i just brick my ecu??? P59 tried to write entire to add MAF RTT

Did i just brick my ecu??? P59 tried to write entire to add MAF RTT

so i went to add RTT 1 bar MAF to my tune. opened the file, added the RTT OS Modification, aved as a new name, thenopened newly saved file, ad clicked " write entire" it was on the erasing part for a while then failed.

now when i try to connect it to the scanner it just says cannot detect diagnostic protocol. vehicle will not start, wont even crank. am I fucked? and is there anyway to reverse this besides get a new ECU?
    VCMSuiteInfo possible brick.txtnew tune. less timing RTT.hpt
    2004 GMC Yukon L59 AWD 4L60E. E85

P59's are weird... Try and write entire again and if it won't take, power it down and leave it sitting for a while. It maybe bricked, but there's a good chance that after it sits that you will be able to go through with the full write. I don't understand the nature of it, and it's not a "thing" for the 512k units, just the 1MB. -edit- I've left them on a bench harness unhooked overnight and bee able to recover the next AM.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    I have had issues with a P59 on a 2004 truck myself. It would do just like yours, start to erase and boom. Or it would get to the bootloader and timed out. Sometimes write process started fine then said an outrageous write time and finally failed.
    Did you tune this before the OS upgrade or is this issue just rearing its head now? If previously tuned, was it with the same/current HPT version 4.6.3 and did you have issues?
    I would try to write entire your stock file first. A copy of a copy may be duplicating a corruption error. Maybe just make changes to the original stock file rather than building up to the current tune. I had success waiting until the next day. I did disconnect the battery for about 3 hours and it took the tune. Very inconsistant.
    I found a current draw on a brake controller that may have started the problem but even after replacing that, an upload failed, left me stranded and had to tow it back to customers house. I have tuned other p59s since then and had no issues.

I believe that one is toast, luckily i got a replacement. and now have a bench ahrness. even with the radio and radi amp fuse, according to support at hpt it was still getting signal from the, radio, information,hvac,bcm, and the abs module. i since then have successfully did an OS modification to a 0411 ecm on my bench ahrness and at first it failed, i turned the harness off for a few hours re=tried it but unchecked the fast write or hig speed whatever box and it completed.
    2004 GMC Yukon L59 AWD 4L60E. E85