Thread: New to HP Tuners looking for someone to look at these files.

Potential Tuner

New to HP Tuners looking for someone to look at these files.

I had a 2000 LQ4 built for my 1979 C10 LS swap.

.030" over
    2007 Corvette heads shave .030"
    Lunati Voodoo 267/273 cam and upgraded valvetrain
    NBSS truck intake with 92mm throttle body
    Speed Engineering 1-7/8" long tube headers with full 3" exhaust
    Melling oil pump

Running stock 4L80E

I installed the AEM AFR gauge as well so can tune using wideband.

Any help is appreciated!

I'm just getting into the tuning and tried following some of the sticky posts but some of the fields needing adjustment might be from older versions? and wasn't able to follow on some. I'm looking at getting it safe to drive and get on a dyno later this summer. Would someone want to take a look and let me know what I should clean up or maybe make some adjustments?
    Attached are the HPT and HPL files. 20-07-08 06-57-22.hpl070720_VE table modified based on ltft lean cells.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Can you log commanded AFR? That will make it easy to build a chart that you can apply

Edit. Just realized that I had 2 open tunes at the same time. You have the wideband, put it in open loop and make the adjustments on AFR, or EQ error, depending on which one you log. But you might as well update fueling based on the fuel trims you already recorded first, to get it closer.

Also need to separate your MAF tuning vs VE tuning, read up on how to enable MAF at all rpms to tune it, and how to disable it by setting DTC's on first error to tune VE.
    Last edited by NotSure; 07-08-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSure View Post
    Can you log commanded AFR? That will make it easy to build a chart that you can apply

Edit. Just realized that I had 2 open tunes at the same time. You have the wideband, put it in open loop and make the adjustments on AFR, or EQ error, depending on which one you log. But you might as well update fueling based on the fuel trims you already recorded first, to get it closer.

Also need to separate your MAF tuning vs VE tuning, read up on how to enable MAF at all rpms to tune it, and how to disable it by setting DTC's on first error to tune VE.

Thank you, NotSure. I will do that. I did a fuel trim edit based on this morning's ride and it made it idle rough. Almost died in the parking lot. Happy to see fewer lean numbers but now looks like its gotten a little rich. I will read up on the MAF tuning.

I've been trying to read up and watch how to's but it seems like everyone has a different approach or preference on how they like to do it and don't want to go too far down the rabbit hole if its not a good one. My biggest concern is trying to prevent damaging anything while learning.