Thread: not so newbie-noob.. tuning help

Tuner in Training

not so newbie-noob.. tuning help

i'll be brief.. I need to get this tune tweaked before I log a lot of miles in next 3 weeks
    04' sierra 1500 5.3 with 265K
    new top end and small cam(<210/215)
    new built trans to my specs From Performa.
    60 yr old grumpy engineer with intense dislike for computers ..lol

YES I know I need to do the following, =but am time constrained for now due to up coming travels
    1) RussK idel tune
    2) ve tune properly
    3) maf tune/cal

here is the tune.. iit was tweaked to clean up fan, shift and idle issues and is a modified BB tune I had been runnign for 9 yrs.
    I have several log files over last few days..
    A few things concern me..several big KR places and some places showing negative timing and the trans pressure tables.

here is the tune
    until I have time to study this software more and figre out how all the file interact
    and get tiem to do the proper tuning ,...Until then i just have to keep the beat drivable and out of anything wildy wonky

any suggestions are greatly apprecited

THANKS
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tnbubba; 07-08-2020 at 09:40 AM. Reason: cant type

Tuner in Training
    anybody help witht the knock>???
    havnet posted log files becase i don't want burden anyone wioth 30-45 min log files

I can't look at your file on this computer. But I can give you some pointers on knock.

If the knock is in areas where you normally drive you should be able to remove timing in this areas to see if the knock is affected.

IF removing timing does not seem to help the next step is throw some race fuel in the tank and see if the knock goes away.

If neither timing nor race fuel seems to help then there is a good chance its 'false' knock which means something else is triggering your knock sensor, could be a vibration somewhere, exhaust rubbing the frame or some kind of contact between engine and chassis.

As to shift pressure. You MUST be sure to use enough shift pressure. To verify this you need a transmission pressure gauge (100-300PSI usually) and then adjust the pressure to read how the trans-builder has set it up (usually 180psi to 220psi? depends on transmission)

post the logs or the tune is pretty much useless.

Tuner in Training
    here is one I pulled the other day..

the knock some to be on "rapid" throttle opening
    or as I'm driving just gettinginto the trottle a bit.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files