Thread: When to use Beta version

Advanced Tuner

When to use Beta version

Many times I open a tune that someone posted and it is the beta version. Actually had to go and install it on this computer to view them. It is often newer people, and not the experienced people who are way ahead of the curve (whom I would be of zero help to anyways!). Shouldn't the production release be used in most cases? I had reason to use it one time when there was an important chart missing in my cal which HPT engineers added awhile back.

Maybe it is not a concern, but it is a beta version and could have issues that may cause problems to someone just getting into this.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes, however we are constantly adding new features and support for new vehicles/operating systems/tables in beta builds so its pretty common for the beta to be used as well.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    I guess the question then is, how often do the new features in beta get rolled over into production? I don't need the latest update of the week, but if it is not transferred over very often then maybe I should be using beta? It seems like we have been on version 4.4.4 for awhile?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    roughly once a year.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"