Thread: 2014 GT N/A Trans tune help

Tuner in Training

2014 GT N/A Trans tune help

I have been helping a buddy tune his 2014 Mustang, 5.0, automatic, stock headers, cat delete, 2018 intake manifold, stock airbox, 3.31 gears, 5C converter.

Last year the car was shifting perfect and with the swap from 3.15 to 3.31 gears this year that has caused some problems shifting. I made the changes in the tune that I though where appropriate and the car is still not shifting when commanded. I will shift late, sometimes soft and it seems like temperature of the car comes into play for how it shifts. Another variable is when the car is on the street it seems to when commanded so the extra traction at the drag strip also is playing into the problem. I will attach the tune and a recent data log.

If anyone has any suggestions on what could be causing the problem that would be great. This is a bracket car and makes running a bracket class very hard with how it is shifting inconsistently.

Thank you for any help.

Tim
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Might find something in here to help.
    What size tire are you running?
    I have close to same setup, ill compare files in the morning
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...g-Tip-N-V-Base

Tuner in Training
    Turn off anticipated shift

Tuner in Training
    It is running a 28" tall tire. I adjusted the N/V and that didn't help last time out. I did turn off the anticipated shift and we will see this weekend how the car does.

Thank you for taking time to look at the tune.

Tim

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielerevia View Post
    Turn off anticipated shift
    That fixed it!

Thanks for the advice.

Tim