Thread: HP tuners for me?

Potential Tuner

HP tuners for me?

I need to DOD delete my 2011 Yukon Denali 6.2. But I would like to start in doing some tuning. I tune my own stand alone efi race car. So I think I should catch onto this.
    But I also have a 2010 3/4 ton silverado 6.0L
    And a 2000 of the same thing.
    And a 2016 impala of my wife's, that she may or may not let me touch.
    Is there a cost effective way to buy credits for this group or just for the trucks?

Being that everything you own is a different vehicle the only way to do this is to buy 8 credits if you wish to do them all.

Each of those trucks/car is 2 credits for the PCM/TCM license as far as I am aware.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I thought I had read that you could purchase a universal credit that could be used on multiple vehicles of the same family. But then I also thought my truck would require more than two credits by itself. I have a lot to learn.

The new MPVI2 does use universal credits. That just means you buy credits and it could be used a Ford, Dodge, GM, Holden etc etc etc.

Each vehicle still has a specific credit value it takes to tune it. There is a vehicles list on the main website that says how much a single VCM license costs. The vehicles you listed are 2 credits each to do the things you want. Some vehicles with extra modules like fuel pump controllers can cost 1 extra credit but most people never need to do that.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Ok I found what made me think that from the web site
    Unlimited vehicle group licenses will allow you to tune all vehicles that fall under that vehicle group category.
    But it may have to be same make, not gmc and chevy and similar year groups too. And you need 12 credits. So buying three or four sets makes more sense.
    That said, can you use it as a scanner without buying the credits for that vehicle?

Yeah, it costs nothing to read files and to watch stuff with the scanner. I use it often enough just to look at stuff.