Thread: Non tuner help on a trans flash or tune issue

Potential Tuner

Non tuner help on a trans flash or tune issue

Hi Folks,
    I am not a tuner but have a problem that the tuner I'm working with is "stumped" he says
    The issue in the Log 46 and video 42/46 shows the problem between 5th and 6th gear change and he adjusted it some and it got better in the 2nd adjustment in log/video 47 but still has a slight issue.
    Its only 5th to 6th gear the problem happens 2 out of 3 times
    Now all other shifts in the mustang 2019 gt 5.0 are fine and it has the procharger HO kit so you know what its running
    Maybe someone here has seen this issue and can point or give a solution to what to do. Its been 3 months and this is getting kinda depressing to deal with and I can't do anything or suggest anything but maybe you guys can help me pass some info to him on what to do.

If you look at the short videos its very easy to see it drop throttle or something

This all started once he flashed the new update to the transmission and increased the tq output he said.

Any help will be appreciated Thanks folks

Should I cross post this in tuning also ?

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by AJL; 07-09-2020 at 07:16 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AJL View Post
    Hi Folks,
    I am not a tuner but have a problem that the tuner I'm working with is "stumped" he says
    The issue in the Log 46 and video 42/46 shows the problem between 5th and 6th gear change and he adjusted it some and it got better in the 2nd adjustment in log/video 47 but still has a slight issue.
    Its only 5th to 6th gear the problem happens 2 out of 3 times
    Now all other shifts in the mustang 2019 gt 5.0 are fine and it has the procharger HO kit so you know what its running
    Maybe someone here has seen this issue and can point or give a solution to what to do. Its been 3 months and this is getting kinda depressing to deal with and I can't do anything or suggest anything but maybe you guys can help me pass some info to him on what to do.

If you look at the short videos its very easy to see it drop throttle or something

This all started once he flashed the new update to the transmission and increased the tq output he said.

Any help will be appreciated Thanks folks

Should I cross post this in tuning also ?

I'd be worried if that's been going on for 3 months. A supercharger makes it must less forgiving on the clutches if there is a problem. You may have some clutch damage by now.. Bring it to someone knowledgeable tuning 2018+ automatics and have them fix it if you think it's in the calibration like you said.

Not sure you will have much luck here with SCT logs and no tune posted but I think some of the folks here use both so maybe

Good luck and definitely get it fixed!
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    I'd be worried if that's been going on for 3 months. A supercharger makes it must less forgiving on the clutches if there is a problem. You may have some clutch damage by now.. Bring it to someone knowledgeable tuning 2018+ automatics and have them fix it if you think it's in the calibration like you said.

Not sure you will have much luck here with SCT logs and no tune posted but I think some of the folks here use both so maybe

Good luck and definitely get it fixed!

Are you saying if I post the tune here that could be read by folks here ?

Are you tuned with HPT or SCT? where are you located? Id have to agree, bring it to someone local so they can see whats happening. Did you have the same issue on the base procharger tune?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AJennings View Post
    Are you tuned with HPT or SCT? where are you located? Id have to agree, bring it to someone local so they can see whats happening. Did you have the same issue on the base procharger tune?
    Just the procharger tune on hp. I did not have same problem on base tune but wot it was fine but mid throttle it shifted very hard and surged badly. Georgia
    Bad thing is If someone else tunes it I loose my warranty and that's a consideration charter warranty will void it if so.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AJL View Post
    Just the procharger tune on hp. I did not have same problem on base tune but wot it was fine but mid throttle it shifted very hard and surged badly. Georgia
    Bad thing is If someone else tunes it I loose my warranty and that's a consideration charter warranty will void it if so.
    If picking another tuner to correct the issue will void the warranty then it seems you only have one choice... Ask the tuner to fix the issue or ask them to subcontract someone else to help them fix it! You shouldn't have to search the internet for a solution to tell your tuner how to fix it. If you're 100% sure the calibration caused it, then stand your ground and state you need a solution to the problem. If you paid for the tune directly or indirectly as part of a deal, you deserve to have the car driving right.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

may be trans / torque tables need extra work
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]