Thread: p59 on engine dyno

p59 on engine dyno

what needs to be shut off to run a p59 dbw computer on the engine dyno whith a cable ? i already understand no idle drivers .
    but how do i keep it out of reduced power ? this is a supercharged 6.0 going in a awd cadi that will not be rw dyno,so i need the calibration to be as close to perfect as i can . I can do the idle stuff in the truck

Your engine dyno cal will not carry over to the real world, generally speaking.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

what am i missing ? we have been making efi calibrations on our engine dyno for 20 years with very good results . Everything goes in the room ,exhaust ,intake air box cats ,closed loop coolant ect . we also tune a lot of boat mefi stuff before we go out in the open ocean .

I've done MEFI for boats (and other controllers) on water brake dynos with pretty good real world results too, but... The power curves from eng dyno to chassis dyno don't ever seem to match, and with a PD blower, you will have some in-vehicle heat soak to deal with; dynamic loading vs gear; etc. I would just build it and street tune it myself, if no AWD dyno was available.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

To the original question... Can you post the file you are working with? Most DBW 1MB cals can run a cable TB (if you have IAC drivers in that ECM) if setup in system options.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    To the original question... Can you post the file you are working with? Most DBW 1MB cals can run a cable TB (if you have IAC drivers in that ECM) if setup in system options.
    Here is the file . i don,t need it to idle
    the engine is on my dyno now we broke it in with a 411 computer but i need to build a acurate ve and timing table in a controlled environment .
    not to get off topic but i also have a 5000 lb land &sea inertia rear wheel dyno and any time we compare ed to rwd the curves are almost identical unless vehicle
    has a hi friction area in trans or rear end ,but usually it is a large inertia type difference like 36 inch tall tires or heavy drum brakes .cold or hot rearend fluid
    will change the curve a bit at the top. Not that it matters but this is a centrifugal set up.
    Attached Files Attached Files