Thread: GT350 throttle body on first gen control back?

GT350 throttle body on first gen control pack?

Got a frankenstein that i haven't come across before. its a 1967 mustang with a 2012 boss 302 motor in it with a GT350 manifold and throttle body. Goes into limp mode with p2135 and p2111. Its a first gen control back that has the same strats as a 11-14 mustang. Can a GT350 throttle body be used on this PCM? i've done them on the 15+ with no issues, but these obviously missing a lot more tables.
    Last edited by Stangguy; 07-09-2020 at 04:01 PM.

I'm not sure this will help but I'll tell you what I know and have learned.

It seems to me that each generation coyote has different throttle body sensors. It seems the gen1 have one TPS sensor. Gen2 have a redundant sensor that is on a different slope for redundancy check. The gen3 I believe are digital. They sell a Digital to Analog converter to fit the GT350 TB onto 18+ coyotes.

I am working on a project 70s F100 that has a 16'(gen2) engine in it with a supercharger from an 12'(gen1) and an aftermarket 84.5mm TB from the 12'. I was having great tuning difficulties for many reasons but one of them I needed to eliminate was the TB as it was throwing TB codes, not sure they are the same ones you posted. It is now somewhat drivable on the stock 16 TB(working on getting the fuel trims right with his aftermarket return fuel system). I do plan to try and see if I can get the Gen1 TB to work on the Gen2 ECU but I've informed the owner that it's unlikely to work and suggested he use a GT350TB.
    Last edited by mechanicboy; 07-15-2020 at 12:52 PM.