Thread: unsupported interface?

Potential Tuner

unsupported interface?

Hello, I am trying to read the factory calibration using VCM suit(beta) and keep getting "unsupported interface". I am using a RTD flash tool supplied with my magnuson supercharger kit which is for a 2015 Camaro SS. I have followed all instructions up until this point and cant seem to get past this issue. Just curious if anyone else has had a similar issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You need to use the RTD flasher software with the RTD interface.

VCM suite is for MPVI owners.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Bill has it. The RTD is a stripped down version of the normal MPVI, and does not work the same.

You will need to buy a normal MPVI interface to read/alter your Camaro's Magnuson tune, as long is they did not lock the program. It all has to do with them being able to be SURE an emissions compliant tune is wrote onto the PCM and not altered before doing so.

The Whipple kit I recently did came with an actual MPVI interface, and they simply slave out the MPVI interface serial so that you cannot open the tune they send you, only write it. But, after it has been written you can re-read and tune away as you wish.

The Maggie car I did supplied me with the RTD tool you have, which pretty much leaves you with no choice but to buy an MPVI and then do as you wish.
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 96gt4.6 View Post
    Bill has it. The RTD is a stripped down version of the normal MPVI, and does not work the same.

You will need to buy a normal MPVI interface to read/alter your Camaro's Magnuson tune, as long is they did not lock the program. It all has to do with them being able to be SURE an emissions compliant tune is wrote onto the PCM and not altered before doing so.

The Whipple kit I recently did came with an actual MPVI interface, and they simply slave out the MPVI interface serial so that you cannot open the tune they send you, only write it. But, after it has been written you can re-read and tune away as you wish.

The Maggie car I did supplied me with the RTD tool you have, which pretty much leaves you with no choice but to buy an MPVI and then do as you wish.
    I am getting the same unsupported interface and I have a MPVI-Pro. Used to read and write but quit after using beta. Now won't work with 4.6.3 either.
    2000 jeep jk with a jtec-+. Argh!!!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhertel View Post
    I am getting the same unsupported interface and I have a MPVI-Pro. Used to read and write but quit after using beta. Now won't work with 4.6.3 either.
    2000 jeep jk with a jtec-+. Argh!!!!
    MPVI1 does not work on Jtec applications.

Only MPVI2 supports Jtec.

Tuner in Training
    Argh , I guess I will upgrade. Weird that I could read my ECU before so I thought the hardware was good to go. Sending in my old interface tomorrow.
    THX. Will miss the stand alone logging though.

Got the RTD from Whipple and haven't used it. Can I use this to do a pro upgrade?
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Potential Tuner
    i have a 2004 KIA Sorento and it is saying unsupported.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by lspwrd64 View Post
    i have a 2004 KIA Sorento and it is saying unsupported.
    Thats because the 2004 Kia Sorento is not a supported vehicle.