Thread: ivalid vin/os pair??? help me plz

Question ivalid vin/os pair??? help me plz

so I got a new ecm for my 04 yukon l59 5.3 which originally had a p59 ecm on OS 12585950, and the new p59 ecm is out of a 2005 escalade and it's OS is 12592618. i can change this one to 5.3 engine, but what else is needed to change to run my yukon? I know I'll have to do a write entire on my bench harnes like i plan on doing but I'd like to put my vehicles vin to this ecm. Is there any suggestions you guys have?? I know I'll have to license the yukon to be able to write to it but i would like to put my vin and whatnot on it.
    05 escalade calibration details..png04 yukon calibration details.png
    2004 GMC Yukon L59 AWD 4L60E. E85

Flashing it with the OS and VIN you want with a GM tool would save you several credits. Then it would be plug and play.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I dont have one otherwise I would so sadly i had to buy another 2 credits to license the vehicle.

anyways, i am about to write this ecm. Should i just write calibration only, and disable vats for now so itll work with my yukon?

If it was me I would just take the computer you have and use the compare feature. Then copy over all your yukon data into that escalade computer. Would take all but a few clicks of the mouse to copy the engine data over.

Doing a VIN/OS swap would create a new VIN/OS pair and likely make you license that single VCM license again. The VIN doesn't mean anything anyway, makes zero difference in how the vehicle runs.

This would be the best case here. This should work so long as there isn't huge differences in the TAC module and APP between 2004 and 2005. That could make it run weird I suppose or go into REP.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If it was me I would just take the computer you have and use the compare feature. Then copy over all your yukon data into that escalade computer. Would take all but a few clicks of the mouse to copy the engine data over.

Doing a VIN/OS swap would create a new VIN/OS pair and likely make you license that single VCM license again. The VIN doesn't mean anything anyway, makes zero difference in how the vehicle runs.

This would be the best case here. This should work so long as there isn't huge differences in the TAC module and APP between 2004 and 2005. That could make it run weird I suppose or go into REP.
    thank you for the information and help lol so i can just simply write a previous tune from my yukon onto this ECM but wth my engine data in place of the 6.0's

Well, you can but not the way you typed it out exactly.

Just take your new computers file that I assume you already licensed ( the 05 computer), then open your previous yukon tune with the compare feature. Click compare again and click view comparison log. Collapsed all the boxes in the new window and right click the engine icon, then copy over all differences. Now that 2005 computer has the yukon engine tune in it.

Then you can flash that file in. Do not write your yukon file into the computer, just copy the data over.