Thread: Need Help! Take a look. Coyote swapped 97 Saleen.

Tuner in Training

Need Help! Take a look. Coyote swapped 97 Saleen.

This is a tune that came in the 97 Saleen coyote swapped mustang with a FRPP control pack. Has a Gen1 coyote motor/TKO600. Maybe I didn't see something in the tune, but with the AC on it drops rpms pretty bad where it almost dies whenever you push in the clutch when coming to a stop. It idles fine with the a/c on. Please let me know what I am missing. I added more airflow at idle, but that didn't fix the problem. Still new at tuning fords. Any input will be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Log file?

What intake and throttle body is on the car?

I ask, because the Crate_6 calibration (control pack) does NOT have the stock GT throttle body data. I don't know what TB is supposed to be used with an unmodified control pack, but it is not the stock GT one.

I was chasing this idle undershoot/stall/surge/ fine with AC on issue for a long time. Once I copied the TB data from a stock mustang tune, my idle issues were fixed.

There are a few other things I found that also affected idle stability, but 90% of the issue for me was the TB data.

I have found conflicting info on needing a speed sensor input vs not needing one.
    All I can say is, not having a speed sensor input, or having the speedo be off by a lot (read 1/3 of actual speed) it never affected idle for me. It did have an impact on drivability, and can even cause the dreaded wrench light.

I'm running a Yard pull '13 coyote, with factory 2013 GT pcm (KWC4), and running Crate_6 strategy. 2007 base v6 chassis.
    Last edited by JuiceNA; 07-10-2020 at 03:40 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Motor is a Gen1 truck coyote with mustang intake cams. Stock intake and throttle body.

Quote Originally Posted by arieso94z28 View Post
    Motor is a Gen1 truck coyote with mustang intake cams. Stock intake and throttle body.
    Ok, take the throttle body info from a stock mustang calibration. This is the one thing I found made the biggest difference for me.

Are you using a returnless fuel system?

Do you have speedo input to the PCM? Is the PCM reporting the vehicle correct speed?

Did you enter your transmission gear ratios? I forget what ratios are in the control pack, but it was not the trans I am running. After inputting my trans ratios, drivability was greatly improved.