Thread: DOD/AFM delete credit confusion...HELP Please

Tuner in Training

DOD/AFM delete credit confusion...HELP Please

I am trying to delete the DOD on a buddy's 09 Silverado 5.3. I downloaded the tune, then deleted the DOD. When I went to flash it there was apparently a requirement for 3 credits, not just the 2 I purchased. I noticed when I downloaded the tune that it was reading 3 modules, not the usual 1 module I am used to. When I flashed it, it used my 2 credits and showed the need for a third credit (that is how I interpreted it). I found that I was unable to do anything with just two credits on this vehicle. I went to the supported vehicles and it does not show the need for more than 2 credits for this vehicle. From what I was able to find on the internet it appeared there are some setups that require a total of 4 credits instead of the usual 2. So my question is do I purchase the third credit and flash it, and if so will that do the job? This is basically all the owner wants to do with this vehicle. All input will be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

Slow down a touch. Read what the extra credit is for. It's going to say FPCM for the fuel pump control module.

It's reading the PCM, TCM and FPCM. If you don't want to flash the FPCM then you can re-read the truck without the FPCM box checked, do the DOD delete and flash it in.

I think in the beta software you can delete certain controllers from the file to stop this but I haven't tried it yet. Re-reading without the FPCM always works.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    You got me chuckling a bit....yes I do need to slow down. I apparently went through the process without slowing down and reading. Guess thats why I was an average student in school. I understand your explanation and sincerely appreciate your help. The truck is at his friends shop so I'll copy your advice and give it a go as soon as I can get to it. You saved him some money too and that is.appreciated.

Thanks SFDP, glad I took the time to post my issue, was worth it.

Jim