Thread: ranger sid209 torque pid

Tuner in Training

ranger sid209 torque pid

i am having some trouble logging my 2018 ranger 3.2. i am trying to log torque vs rpm but having no luck with getting any of the torque pids to work if i log engine torque it just stays in the 365nm column am i doing something wrong or is this a bug?
    i am also new to hp tuners and diesel tuning so any help is good thanks

Tuner
    It should work if you're using a recent beta version. All the torque parameters (~10) return values for me.

Some things that will affect parameter logging that I've seen are
    . other things plugged into the OBD port at the same time (disconnect them)
    . HPT dongle lockup during the engine start cycle (plug it in after starting the car)
    . laptop... (CTL-ALT-DEL)
    . Select "Repoll for supported parameters" under the Vehicle option of the scanner programme (this seems to be less of an issue with the MPVI2)
    Ian B
    '15 Holden VF SSVR L77(gone), '19 Ford Ranger PX3 3.2TD, '22 Toyota GDJ150

Tuner in Training
    no worries i have not tried with the beta version. i will download it and give it a go when i get a chance.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by VFL77 View Post
    It should work if you're using a recent beta version. All the torque parameters (~10) return values for me.

Some things that will affect parameter logging that I've seen are
    . other things plugged into the OBD port at the same time (disconnect them)
    . HPT dongle lockup during the engine start cycle (plug it in after starting the car)
    . laptop... (CTL-ALT-DEL)
    . Select "Repoll for supported parameters" under the Vehicle option of the scanner programme (this seems to be less of an issue with the MPVI2)
    all the torque pids work but i cant create a historogram using any of the torque pids as the engine torque pids does not seem to change and just stays on 365nm ans all other torque pids are just ratio or percentage.

Tuner
    Delivered Engine Torque is the only Nm value (other than Reference Torque) I get reported and is usable in a Graph/histogram (works for me. Axes-RPM/Pedal%).

FWIW my SID209 info is as follows:
    Boot OS: CONTI_SID209_FRK_900
    Base OS: FRK900
    Calibration IDs: EB3G-14C204-EFL
    Basic PIDs: 61
    Controller Type ID By OS: 11102
    Ian B
    '15 Holden VF SSVR L77(gone), '19 Ford Ranger PX3 3.2TD, '22 Toyota GDJ150

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by VFL77 View Post
    Delivered Engine Torque is the only Nm value (other than Reference Torque) I get reported and is usable in a Graph/histogram (works for me. Axes-RPM/Pedal%).

FWIW my SID209 info is as follows:
    Boot OS: CONTI_SID209_FRK_900
    Base OS: FRK900
    Calibration IDs: EB3G-14C204-EFL
    Basic PIDs: 61
    Controller Type ID By OS: 11102
    strange when i log delivered engine torque i get a value of 365 and it does not change it will always report that even at idle, cruise or wot. i will try reinstalling the software i guess. hopefully its just a bug