Thread: Camaro LQ9 Swapped.. Tuning Noob (Car runs rich) pls help very new

Potential Tuner

Camaro LQ9 Swapped.. Tuning Noob (Car runs rich) pls help very new

799 Heads that are ported and milled, No idea what the cam is the guy I bought it from lost the dang sheet pretty choppy. Car runs kind of rich not to rich but rich enough you see carbon, also backfired a few times going down a hill on the deceleration portion of the tune, and some crackles and backfires (no good but sounds cool).

Ripped from post
    "Short block is a gen 4 lq9 stock rods and pistons, new cam bearings,new main bearings, new rod bearings, has ls9 valve springs in the 799 heads, has gm MLS head gaskets and new stock head bolts. Btr lifters and a summit racing cam, bbk intake manifold, kooks 1 ⁷/8 primary long tubes, kooks 3 inch true dual header back."

I do have a laptop, and I would appreciate any help with learning how to tune, in the meantime I will continue to watch youtube videos about tuning.

ALSO: I do believe the tune is safe enough to drive around with the guy told me it was set up to run a little rich for break in called it a break in tune.
    Last edited by jay_ar; 07-11-2020 at 01:57 AM.

You gotta post the tune and logs here for us to help you.

And you must buy a wideband o2 sensor, that is the only way to know what the fueling is doing. Also make sure fuel pressure is at 58psi and not going way higher or lower.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    will bump post when i have the equipment to download tunes.