Thread: Need help tuning my new 2000 4.3 vortec with 452 intake lift 465 exhaust 270 duratio

Potential Tuner

Need help tuning my new 2000 4.3 vortec with 452 intake lift 465 exhaust 270 duratio

Hello everyone. I have been waiting for my hp tuner to arrive and it did yesterday. now I need some help getting my stats in line so I can drive my S10. I have installed a new tranny 640E stock , and a new cam engine is bored 30 over, the cam specs are 452 intake lft, exhaust is 465 the duration is 270 intake 276 exhaust 110 lobe sep. Have installed shorty headers. the engine starts and runs but has no real power. any suggestions on where to start. also modified air . with cold air input system Larry

Being that you changed so much at once you will have to take the time to go back through the airflow model and correct if for the changes made. The engine can now take in far more air than it could before so the fueling needs to be corrected for this.

The MAF airflow curve and the VE table will need some adjustments for sure. It would be best to use a wideband o2 sensor for this because you need to know the air fuel ratio in the exhaust.

Also the cylinder volume should be changed for the bored over engine, this way it knows how large the engine is as it takes that information into account for calculations.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.