Thread: 8HP75 - Will not shift into 8th until 2000rpm

Tuner in Training

8HP75 - Will not shift into 8th until 2000rpm

8HP75 trans, 2020 EcoDiesel, I got the trans exactly how I want - except no matter what I do it will not shift into 8th until the truck hits about 2000 rpm, no matter what. The truck used to, when stock shift around 1600rpms into 8th and even if I use the stock trans file it won't anymore. Just seeing if anyone has an idea as to why it won't shift into 8th sooner.
    My Trans Tune #8.hptTrans Tune #8 Log.hpl

Tuner
    The shift schedule is "all uneven". This could be impacting how transmission behaves. Attached, the shift ID 5:
    - solid is upshift
    - dotted is downshift
    - red: 1-2 / blue: 2-3 / brown: 3-4 / green: 4-5 / teal: 5-6 / orange: 6-7 / black: 7-8

There a couple of points in your tune:
    - Flare on some upshifts
    - torque converter slip
    - is the WOT upshift at ~3600 rpms?

DodgeBoy.
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@dodgeboy2785

shift_schedule_uneven.png

Tuner in Training
    The lower throttle shift points are all stock, I did change the WOT to 3600 and blended from there. I don't notice any flare and torque converter slip... tc is all stock and the flare, after the engine was tuned I did firm it up a lot to prevent that. I can definitely even out the shift timing table but I guess I don't see why it still isn't going into 8th earlier. I can take 10% off and reduce the shift point, but it doesn't react. That's kind of where I am at

Tuner
    3600rpms looks quite low. But, if it is what you need/want, sounds good.

Flare is on 6th to 7th gear. When 7th to 8th happens, it is a little wonky as well (little flare and Torque C slip).

If shift schedule is not even, it could induce transmission to act-up. Try even-up the values some more.

DodgeBoy.
    Email: [email protected]