Thread: Stoich, IFR and IVT scaling spreadsheet.

Advanced Tuner

Stoich, IFR and IVT scaling spreadsheet.

I have a little more time on my hands and decided to try and build a spreadsheet for the older GENIV trucks (07.5-08 and i believe some of the earlier E38 cars). If it works, I will add later E38 models to it. I am by no means a mathematician and pretty sure most of yall can probably do this stuff in your head. This stuff does not come naturally to me and I am a visual and kinesthetic learner. I would like someone to check my math lol! It is all unlocked free to do whatever. Note: This is based off the Halve IFR, Double Stoich and Halve IVT terms but you can use a different scale other than 50.
    My problems that lead to this journey is:
    1. 63.5 injector flow rate limit.
    2. Turbo Truck without a 1:1 FPR (Utilizing CTSV FSCM to compensate).
    3. 32:1 Stoich Limit.
    4. I really do not want to scale all the airflow tables unless absolutely necessary, just yet. (If I do, I will be doing this same thing for those tables as well).
    5. I got 1,000cc SEP injectors in hopes of some Ethanol.

I can not use the 50% method in my application because I will still exceed the 63.5 IFR Limit in higher ranges (Can not use a flat single IFR number). I can not use 75% because I will exceed 32:1 stoich limit so, I am left with using weird ass numbers.

I used Mowtons (RIP still helping to this day) Injector Interpolation Spreadsheet to get my IFR correct. Early E38 IFR tables have a different axis than later E38. SEP (like other cheaper injector companies) only use the tables for later E38 in the injector data. I still have to figure out how to convert the later E38 Injector Offset Table to the early E38.

The spread sheet is simple: Input your data into the yellow tables. Adjust the Scaler to fit your needs (within the MAX limits posted) and then copy the green fields and paste to your tune.
    This spreadsheet is still in work and I would really like someone to check my math before using it on a vehicle.

Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by mcfarlnd; 02-18-2021 at 08:39 PM.
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8