Thread: Torque Converter breaking loose under high load?

Potential Tuner

Torque Converter breaking loose under high load?

Hello,
    Trying to diagnose why my Suburban slips/free revs under low speed-high load WoT instances. Typically I'll be driving less than 25 mph and I romp on the throttle and the transmission just free revs...then I let off the throttle and accelerate normally and it's fine. 2003 Suburban, 6.0 with 243 heads and a GM Hot Cam. 4L60E--stock converter and healthy except for this. I believe my torque converter is slipping under load. I have a VCM scan logged and during the event the TCC slip RPM gets up to about 3k RPM's. Also the Force Motor Current is maxed and so is line pressure. During normal driving, TC lock-up is normal and it behaves fine. I'd like to post my scan file but I don't see where I can upload anything. Maybe I need more posts. I am looking for a second opinion before I pull the trans and replace the converter. Any help on where during thread creation I can post a scan file or advice on my situation is much appreciated.

Update
    Finally figured out how to upload files. It's a short scan right to the point. Please see incident beginning at the 2 min 38 second time stamp.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Brando1118Burb; 07-11-2020 at 05:44 PM.