Thread: having problem with tune after fast lsxr and 102 install

Potential Tuner

having problem with tune after fast lsxr and 102 install

maf step2.hpl maf step3.hpt huntung for idle.hpl pruitt channels.Channels.xml
    2004 pontiac gto comp mother thumpr cam lsxr intake 102mm throttle body a4 cable driven long tubes catless mids e59 pcm
    i cannot get my idle to drop in park and it hits hard into drive any help would be appreciated got the tps to read .59v finally and threw off my maf tune so im working on that but the idle just wont drop to commanded im kind of new to this so if there is any other info you guys need please let me know. i just dont know what to adjust or where to go from here
    Last edited by Harryb; 07-12-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Have you verified no vacuum leaks? If so, have you logged your desired air flow by ect?

Advanced Tuner
    so you are saying you swapped over to a cable driven throttle body vs the factory drive by wire? Some p59 ecus are able to do that but I think most aren't. The ecu needs to have a chip inside the ecu to control the Idle Air Control motor.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtojamey View Post
    Have you verified no vacuum leaks? If so, have you logged your desired air flow by ect?
    Yes sir and I?m not sure which table or histogram that is I?ve done ltit and stit logs they should be in the log files up top and I put a copy of my layouts up there
    Last edited by Harryb; 07-12-2020 at 06:14 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_axberg View Post
    so you are saying you swapped over to a cable driven throttle body vs the factory drive by wire? Some p59 ecus are able to do that but I think most aren't. The ecu needs to have a chip inside the ecu to control the Idle Air Control motor.
    No sir it came factory cable driven the 05-06 had fly by wire

Advanced Tuner
    gocha, I can see in your log that your target idle is 800 rpm but it is idleing at 1000 rpm with your adaptive idle spark retarding timing like 10 degrees and your IAC is all the way closed. What you should do is get your car up to temp and let it idle in park or neutral and close your throttle blade until you get your desired idle and your IAC is starting to work. Then you have to tune the BRAF tables and then go from there

Advanced Tuner
    close throttle blade and get warm idle on target rpm with IAC at about 80-100 steps with 10-13 degrees.

its got too much air and until it goes into adaptive idle it cant control idle rpm

make sure fueling is spot on