Thread: Noob Tuner: Cost to change ONE NUMBER and Backup Current Tune??

Potential Tuner

Question Noob Tuner: Cost to change ONE NUMBER and Backup Current Tune??

Hi all, brand new to tuning and this forum, please be gentle.

I have a 2004 Corvette Z06 I want to tune, and I have 2 questions for you:
    • If I wanted to buy the adapter, software, and credits (??) to do this myself, how much will it cost?
    • How do I save the current tune to revert back to if I mess up?

That said, there's just one parameter I want to change:

fuel_cut_6a0d8d2a1e0994207e54f22a46a62f9053984fd3.png

The pic is from here: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1601628625

So the engine stalls when two things happen:
    • Battery voltage is less than or equal to ~12.5V before key is turned in ignition
    • Vehicle speed goes above 2 mph

When those 2 things happen, the engine shuts off. The only way to get moving under my own steam again is to charge the battery fully, jump it from a good battery, or run the engine long enough (without going anywhere) to charge the battery past the 12.5V point. Needless to say, I hate it.

There's a sticker for "Recall 04006A Performed" on the driver's door. Google searching tells me this recall was a botched effort to prevent the column lock issues these cars are infamous for. They flashed the PCM, introducing a parameter (??) that cuts fuel if it thinks the column lock is still engaged. Mine isn't, it's unplugged and the LMC5 module is installed with the brown wire mod. So the lock isn't actually the problem. However, the car still stalls with a low battery. I've got an Optima AGM in there, and have already looked for electrical drain issues. Nothing obvious there.

I know the parameter change has fixed other owners' issues on the Corvette Forum, and I'm hoping it'll do the same for me too. I'm through chasing electrical and column lock gremlins, and just want to undo the damage GM did with the recall.

The MPVI2 unit is $300 and then you need 2 credits at $100 for those.

It might be cheaper to find a local person that does tuning and it may only cost you $150 for something that simple. Heck if that is all someone wanted done I would just have them buy me a chocolate malt from Dairy Queen has payment lol.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks, I appreciate the cost feedback 5FDP.

I'm sure it's a very simple job, but I'm under very strict lockdown rules right now. That's why I asked about doing it myself. Thanks!