Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 2.7 ecoboost Max Boost possible?

Tuner in Training

2020 2.7 ecoboost Max Boost possible?

Hey all so I have a bone stock 2020 2.7 ecoboost. I did some initial scans yo see the stock performance of the truck. While fun to drive data shows it could be better. So I understand I mostly want to stay in torque management to pull ou those few extra horsepower. But Im comimg from Dodge Hemi tuning to here and am not confident yet even changing parameters.

But what I would like to know for my piece of my mind is how much boost can these stock turbos safely take? Im asking as it is already producing from what Ive seen so far upto 18.3 pounds of boost. So if my assuming is right and please correct me if im wrong but changing the torque management tables will allow me to command more torque which in turn would up the boost yes? If this is the case and say max boost is around 20 pounds should I just stay away until I upgrade these turbos?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by CannaGeneticsBank View Post
    Hey all so I have a bone stock 2020 2.7 ecoboost. I did some initial scans yo see the stock performance of the truck. While fun to drive data shows it could be better. So I understand I mostly want to stay in torque management to pull ou those few extra horsepower. But Im comimg from Dodge Hemi tuning to here and am not confident yet even changing parameters.

But what I would like to know for my piece of my mind is how much boost can these stock turbos safely take? Im asking as it is already producing from what Ive seen so far upto 18.3 pounds of boost. So if my assuming is right and please correct me if im wrong but changing the torque management tables will allow me to command more torque which in turn would up the boost yes? If this is the case and say max boost is around 20 pounds should I just stay away until I upgrade these turbos?

Im up to 24psi, im running full E85 and seeing cylinder pressure limit so id say im close to the maximum.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you sir

Tuner in Training

I have a 2015 2.7. I typically see ~ 24 psi depending on the conditions.
    Would you mind posting your stock file?

I tried upping the boost that particular way and didn’t get any luck, I know you have the mess with the canister pressure and wastegate duty cycle also tried but no luck. Hopefully someone can chime in to help

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduardoc22 View Post
    I tried upping the boost that particular way and didn?t get any luck, I know you have the mess with the canister pressure and wastegate duty cycle also tried but no luck. Hopefully someone can chime in to help
    ok ill give you the seasonings and you determine the spicyness.

change pressure limits/overspeed limits/temperature limits/overspeed

change canister pressure/change wastegate feedback

change map max/calc map max

change throttle inlet pressure/underboost fault time

exhaust flange temp/exhaust manifold temp/cat temp

temp based cutoff

fuel enrichment pedal/WOT lambda

max retard/max advance/max load

torque monitoring/map max pressure monitoring

torque limit timer/max torque/max torque OP1/max torque 2/max torque op2/max torque 3/max torque op3

lspi reduction LO/HI/NOM/comb stability limits

driver demand desired torque

Quote Originally Posted by thegeneralLee View Post
    ok ill give you the seasonings and you determine the spicyness.

change pressure limits/overspeed limits/temperature limits/overspeed

change canister pressure/change wastegate feedback

change map max/calc map max

change throttle inlet pressure/underboost fault time

exhaust flange temp/exhaust manifold temp/cat temp

temp based cutoff

fuel enrichment pedal/WOT lambda

max retard/max advance/max load

torque monitoring/map max pressure monitoring

torque limit timer/max torque/max torque OP1/max torque 2/max torque op2/max torque 3/max torque op3

lspi reduction LO/HI/NOM/comb stability limits

driver demand desired torque
    I’ve done it all, I need help with the canister pressure and wastegate. Which the add and which to subtract. I’ll post my tune file tomorrow

Tuner in Training
    I?ve done it all, I need help with the canister pressure and wastegate. Which the add and which to subtract. I?ll post my tune file tomorrow
    Aight den

Try tuning a 2017 Fusion Sport, the damn waste gate actuators are run backwards. You apply vacuum to them to open the gates

Tuner in Training
    all 2.7 engines use vacuum reference instead of positive pressure for wastegate control

Tuner in Training

I'm willing to share my 2.7 e85 file with you if you are looking for a big power increase. you MUST use full e85 for this tune. Reply back and let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Jace Jackson View Post
    I'm willing to share my 2.7 e85 file with you if you are looking for a big power increase. you MUST use full e85 for this tune. Reply back and let me know
    post it you dont mind

Quote Originally Posted by thegeneralLee View Post
    Aight den
    Here is the latest i have of mine, which i didnt have any luck with increasing boost.

Tuner in Training
    E85 Tune 3.hpt
    I have attached the E85 tune for you

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jace jackson View Post
    E85 Tune 3.hpt
    i have attached the e85 tune for you
    note: Vcm beta is required to open this file

E85 Tune 3.hpt
    I have attached the E85 tune for you
    Thanks, what were the main parameters you changed to increase boost?

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, what were the main parameters you changed to increase boost?
    Go through the tune, and compare to your stock tune. This will show you what has changed and what is different. It will give you a starting point to learn what needs changed.

Go through the tune, and compare to your stock tune. This will show you what has changed and what is different. It will give you a starting point to learn what needs changed.
    Thanks

I have a 2019 myself and looking to tune it for 93, is there a good place to start with these? I was going to just log it on 93 then go from there.

I got a 26 lb reading the other day and 525 lbs of torque, I went back and cut a few things, LOL. 26 is a bit much, I do wonder how close that 525 is to being real though.