Thread: stalling coming to a stop

stalling coming to a stop

The setup is on a 70 chevelle. 6.0 LSA blower 228 cam P01 ecm. When i come to a stop and stab the clutch the car wants to stall every time. RPM drops to 300-400 and usually recovers. Yesterday I tried adjusting throttle cracker and follower with no success. When i lift on the throttle both drip to 0. I also tried adding a clutch switch to blue pin 35 and grounded it when i hit the clutch. I was trying to get rolling idle to work. It did not. I am out of ideas and could use some help. VE table is not perfect yet, its close (10% rich or better) but i need to figure this out first. Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I would let it get all the way up to temp and while it is idleing adjust your throttle blade so that you IAC go to almost completely closed so that way even if it closes all the way it should still stay running. Then I would get your braf dialed in for all temps. Then I would mess with throttle follower and cracker. When your coming to a stop with no throttle you can add airflow to your throttle cracker airflow table. I usually just like to add it mainly in the 400 columb and you can add a little in your 1000 columb if you want to.

Thanks I will give it a shot. I have the iac counts at 50 now warm idle.

Advanced Tuner
    needs more air.

needs enough to idle at like 10-13 degrees warm, not 20.

disable rolling idle, disable stall saver.

make sure fueling is bang on and up the warm idle to 850 plus rpm.

log STIT for knowing how much more or less air the car wants. once thats close it wont stall again

Looking at an old log throttle cracker drops to 0 every time the throttle is below 2%. When the throttle is above 2% its adding 5-12 g/s of air. Is this normal? In this log there is a time where I lifted at 50 mph and I lifted and the throttle cracker dropped to 0. Thanks for looking at it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    it looks like you have some sort of a charging system issue, you should post up a current tune

Potential Tuner
    You ever get this stuff figured out? Post your latest file. If you want a base file, I can help you out as well.

Advanced Tuner
    Enable rolling idle.

Youre having throttle cracker/follower completely decay out on clutch transitions. Some fbody OS do this.

Use rolling idle to control the clutch in airflow.
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi