Thread: Cant rev past 3500 rpm or so?

Cant rev past 3500 rpm or so?

So I've recently swapped from an 07 E38 LS7 OS to a 2010 E38 Camaro OS. I did this by swapping the actual hardware and just licensing the 2010 hardware, I never over wrote the OS or anything like that. What I did do was to go through the camaro tune and use the compare function to find differences between the stock camaro tune and my already tuned ls7 tune. My hope was to minimize re-tuning by moving over working tables from my original tune. I am wondering if I might have screwed something up by doing that? Hoping someone can help me there....

I've attached a free revving log file, and my tune. I am aware that the MAF isnt tuned correctly, but it seems to be close enough to freely move through the RPM range at least below 3500. (Thats my next plan to fix after I figure out how to keep it from hitting a wall.) In the mean time I think there may be something else screwy somewhere causing it to behave oddly. I've been through the file multiple times and just am not seeing it. I'm hoping someone goes "ah ha!" and points it out to me.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
    Attached Files Attached Files

So you took an auto trans ECM/OS, ditched the TCM, and now the throttle is all goofy?

Oops, guess I didn't go far enough through the TIS lookup process, it says it is/was a manual trans.

Senior Tuner
    i dont think an 2007 vehicle can be ran using a 2010 ecu as the throttle bodies changed and the canbus data changed or something like that, otherwise if it can be done everyone would be changing ecu to get the bigger injector flow rate ??

This is a swap so no canbus to worry about.

I *may* have found the issue last night. I was poking around the tune and noticed that the "virtual VE" was all kinds of screwy. I actually dont even know what virtual VE is as I just noticed the feature in VCM Editor. Either way, before (current tune) is really bad and cuts out right where the VE drops off. I played with settings and realized if I put the OEM 2010 camaro values back into the tables under "VE Coefficients" under Airflow->Speed Density that it fixes the map. After work I plan to load this up and see if my issue went away.

Any idea what those maps do? Seems like they might be constants and such for fueling equations that perhaps one should never mess with...
    Attached Images Attached Images

That solved it