Thread: Throttle oscillation (twin 65mm TB, Cobra Jet intake, Long Tube headers 2012 GT)

Throttle oscillation (twin 65mm TB, Cobra Jet intake, Long Tube headers 2012 GT)

I have a problem that is stumping me. I have a mid-throttle "oscillation" that I can't seem to solve. You can see in this data log screen shot how the throttle pedal (red) is smooth, but the TB angle (white) oscillates pretty severely:

Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 9.04.20 AM.png

Things I've tried with NO success:

- enabled/disabled tip-in management (no effect)
    - enabled/disabled torque management oscillation switch (no effect)

Here is the full data log:
    3-4K Accel Surge 4.hpl

Here is my tune file:
    Wes 2012 Mustang GT Cobra Jet Headers v12 No Cats.hpt

Ideas:
    1) Is my driver demand table off? It looks pretty smooth to me.
    2) Is there a way to affect throttle control behavior to make it a more "obediant pedal follower?"
    3) My speed density functions and torque model tables are ALL STOCK (because getting into them is way over my head). However, could this be the issue?

Looking at the log, it seems pretty clear to me it's not a spark or fuel issue. Is there something simple I'm missing?

Update: improved

Well, I love it when I can answer my own questions. It seems the solution is in the Torque Model. Since I don't have a dyno at my easy disposal, I just copied the torque model from the 2013 Cobra Jet file and applied them to my tune. (The rationale being that my 2012 GT with a twin 65mm TB, CJ intake, and long tube headers is closer to a Cobra Jet than a stock GT).

Result: Much better. There's no "oscillation" feedback loop after large throttle tip-ins like before. Here's the old problem:
    Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 9.04.20 AM.png

Here's with the CJ torque model applied:
    Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 1.11.34 PM.png

The throttle body angle better follows the pedal percentage. It's not perfect, but it certainly feels much better and doesn't surge like before...which is borne out in the data:

Idle Surge Solved 1.hpl

Still a work in progress, but if anyone else has this issue with this part combination, copying the Torque Model tables from the factory 2013 CJ tune is big step forward.

Advanced Tuner
    weird. I had a monoblade, LTH and cj on a 2013 and stock tq tables and no issues like that. both on e85 and 93 even with ford 80lb injectors (free to me at the time and they were used for boost for a short while in that car).

I run the same parts minus LTH on my truck now (since I traded in the car for it) and same stock tq tables and no issues at all.

I did run a 2011 strategy in the 2013 car for a while until I began to learn more about tuning these and the 2011 with the same calibration data as the 2013 strategy did run differently and not as well either.