Thread: 0411 PCM VE tuning

Tuner in Training

0411 PCM VE tuning

Ok so i'm working on tuning my first vehicle which unfortunately is a 0411 PCM that i can't find a lot of how to info, please let me know if there is specific information for these PCM's. i have been using several video's as reference, mainly Chopperdoc's but it seems like while tuning the VE table I'm fighting something still adding fuel and then i noticed that I'm still getting fuel trims in my histograms. So my question is two fold, if I'm in open loop and the fuel trims are disabled, should my histograms for short and long term fuel trims be showing corrections and if they shouldn't is there something special about the 0411 PCM to turn off the fuel trims?

Tuner in Training
    So a curiosity question, can i unhook the O2 sensors and tune the VE table?

If it's open loop, the fuel trims should show zero and the commanded AFR should be what the stoich setting is in the calibration. So 14.68 for pump gas or 14.10 for E10 or whatever you are running.

Better wording for the computer is the P01 computer, as that is what it is.

You can clear the fuel trims and fuel trim learn in the scanner before you start logging data as well, that will stop the trims from reporting anything.

Post the tune if you want.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you very much, clearing the fuel trims and trim learn was the part i wasn't doing and now i'm finally getting repeatable results and moving along. again, thank you