Thread: Tuning 6.0 fans

Tuner in Training

Tuning 6.0 fans

Does anyone know if there is a way to tune the fan clutch operation. I went to the fan tab and saw just a few parameters, just threshold temps. I am looking to control the fan to run at lock up at idle with the AC on.

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    The only way I'm seeing to enable at idle would be drop eot and ect enable temps to below normal operating range. Other than that there doesn't seem to be another way to kick on with a/c enabled. I am not familiar with the pin out and how the electronic viscous coupler works on the 6.0l as I've never researched them much. Maybe There is a way to tie into the a/c circuit somehow and enable it full time when a/c is on. But that comes into another problem of having the viscous fan coupler running at high engine rpm possibly causing issues.

Potential Tuner
    On the fan clutch connector at the top of the fan shroud there will be a blue wire, tap that wire and run the new wire to a toggle switch, run the toggle switch to ground. If done correctly it will enable the fan 100% whenever that toggle switch is activated.