Thread: Gen 2 Viper map sensor upgrade?

Tuner in Training

Gen 2 Viper map sensor upgrade?

Is there any capabilities of swapping the map sensors to a 2 bar on the Gen 2 ECU, I see the settings for the Map but my issues is the axis maxes out at 105 kpa for fuel and ignition and won't allow you to edit the axis to any higher number. Is there a solution with the Gen 2 ECU for that or is that a factory ECU limitation? Thanks in advance for any help!

Banned
    Wrong thread for a viper but chances are yes, you can swap out the map sensor and rescale for a higher bar map sensor. If defined max axis limit is an issue it could possibly be edited to get past the limit set by hp tuners by using user defined parameters but all depends on scaling factor and other stuff.

Banned
    Myself I run a 10 bar (145 psi) map sensor on my 2012 cummins and it?s pretty easy to set up.

Potential Tuner
    I have the same question. Reading through the forum there are some post regarding this.
    /E

Banned
    Viper or Cummins? Viper no idea but can tell you on HP Tuners for the 5.9 Cummins the scaling is wrong.

Potential Tuner
    Regarding Viper,
    I guess we have to live with the table as they are 105kpa max, just "fooling" the engine with the new 2 bar MAP sensor and adjusting the tables to whichever value it corresponds.

"the settings for the Map but my issues is the axis maxes out at 105 kpa for fuel and ignition and won't allow you to edit the axis to any higher number."

I would like to know how to do this, think I will start a thread with some other questions on boosted viper.

/E

Banned
    Yea I haven?t got a clue for the viper, never even looked at viper tune file before. I just do diesels and the occasional RFE transmission behind a gas engine. Scaling conversion factors are way way way out to lunch on the 5.9 Cummins in the VCM editor, the 2010-2012 Cummins they got right. Usually the VCM editor is set to allow to max value that can be programmed to the ECM for a parameter, usually. So if 105kPa is all it?s allowing you to bring it to, that might be the literal max that can be entered and programmed to the ECM. I would need a tune file to see.

Potential Tuner
    Aha I see. I realize this is the wrong forum like you stated earlier but anyways.

I have attached my original tunefile, which uses the 1 bar map of course.
    Wonder what the value will show with the 2 bar installed, like 52kpa on ignition?

/E
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    I?ll take a look when I get a chance. You know what the 2 bar sensor scaling is supposed to be? Should be something like 0.5v=x kPa and 4.5v=x kPa.

Banned
    Might be just me or maybe the viper does something different for the MAP sensor scaling, kinda doubt it though, but I'm not seeing an actual table for scaling the sensor itself.

Banned
    105kPa is most definitely the max in can be set in those tables for idle, etc.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for your input, appreciate it.
    I have to figure out which tables depends on the "new" map reading and adjust.
    Like you said, 105kpa is what it is.
    The map sensor is from an SRT4 I think. P/N: 05033224AB. I will look that up.
    People who run SCT and have access to the tuner SW might have an answer to my questions.

/E